Dining at Morrisons

Silly question, but here it goes.

I'm quiet shy and hate to make a fool of myself.

Do morrison cafes serve at the table? I've seen people lining up for food and others just sit at table, so do they take orders from the tabl e please?

Friend in another city said they did but mums friend said they did not at our one

Thanks

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,962 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They don't take orders from the table, the people you see sitting down have placed an order at the counter for a meal that is cooked to order. The kitchen staff then bring the cooked food to the table.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • simon2018
    simon2018 Posts: 68 Forumite
    many thanks, appreciated
  • simon2018
    how much is a cup of tes or coffee please
  • Morrisons menus are linked from here, I think these are current. They'll also be displayed at the entrance to the cafe.

https://my.morrisons.com/blog/food/new-cafe-menu/

For tea you have to get a teapot (with a bag in) and a mug from the cafeteria, pay for it, then fill it yourself at the hot water machine. At this point you may realise that you can then pour your tea into the mug and top up the pot again.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • simon2018
    Many thanks Owain, but how much does it cost as menues do not show this and i would like to be
    prepared.
    Thanks again all.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    simon2018 wrote: »
    I've seen people lining up for food and others just sit at table, so do they take orders from the tabl e please?

Depends on the food/store - At the smaller cafes, you may have to wait whilst your meal is cooked. So you queue-up, order/pay at the till and a little while later, someone will bring your food over to your table.

At larger stores, they may keep enough food ready at peak times to avoid this happening.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Many thanks Owain, but how much does it cost as menues do not show this and i would like to be
    prepared.
    Thanks again all.

Did you click on the 'view menus in England'? While I agree on the inside of this folded menu it does not show prices for hot or cold drinks - at least at the bottom of the menu - Teatime Meal Deal states meal + drink = £6.00. So, if you selected a £5.50 meal then the tea is only 50p. If you went for £4.00 meal, have the tea but not in the 'Deal' - probably 80p.

I've used them for years, three places in Cardiff, one in Barry, and one in Barnstable while on holiday.
    Favourites are the omelettes, or their 'cod & chips', Sunday Roast ones are good too.
    The best Supermarket caf!.
    You can study the menu, before you join the queue, so you know what you want, when you get to the till, sort your tea out when you are queuing - you'll see others do it. Then, at the till, say what you want, she/he will key it in tell you how much, you pay, then you get given a large numbered card which you slot in a stand at the table you select (after you pick up the cutlery).
    Sit down, and wait maybe 10/15 minutes (I have had a 20 minute wait but that was for a take-away!
    Enjoy.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    prepared.
    Thanks again all.

Prices may vary a bit then from store to store but there will be a printed wall menu up with the details.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • simon2018
    Hi

Many thanks to everyone here that has posted very helpful information.
    I'm quiet shy, so this info has really helped

Thanks again

:)
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Please let us know how you get on.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family