Customs delay

Options
I ordered some health supplements from the US that I need ASAP. Of course they had to be the ones that customs has snatched but the company who sent them had this update a week ago.

I have checked the details and see that the order was successfully delivered to your country customs LANGLEY HWDC, GB on Fri, February 8, 2019, at 11:06 PM, will be delivered shortly.

So why the heck have they not arrived yet ? Absolutely infuriating that it is over a week and they still haven't released them ? :(:mad:

Comments

• MovingForwards
    Options
    Do you know how many packages and parcels come through customs each day? It will be in a queue waiting to be checked and released, either to you (possibly with a fee payable and handling charge), returned to sender or destroyed.

As with anything ordered online need to plan ahead and get your order in earlier in case of foreseeable delays.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you know how many packages and parcels come through customs each day? It will be in a queue waiting to be checked and released, either to you (possibly with a fee payable and handling charge), returned to sender or destroyed.

As with anything ordered online need to plan ahead and get your order in earlier in case of foreseeable delays.

I won't be paying any fee. They can have it back and I will get a refund. They are only vitamin supplements.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    I won't be paying any fee. They can have it back and I will get a refund.
    Are you sure? Have you checked US consumer law? I hope they cost more than the return pistage and restocking fee.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What makes you think you will get a refund?

And if you need them asap where are you going to get them now?
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As the goods are coming from outside the EU , If the cost of the goods plus the postage is more than £15 Import VAT will be due at 20% of the total cost .

There will also be handling charge by whoever handles the import - Royal Mail, Parcelforce or courier.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »

Holland & Barrett stocks a large selection of snake oil.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    I won't be paying any fee. They can have it back and I will get a refund. They are only vitamin supplements.

In most states of the US sellers are not obliged to refund for change of mind returns. Even those that do often charge a restocking fee and reduce any refund by the cost of the original postage .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »

And as the OP needed them ASAP why leave it late to order some, should have ordered them a month ago so theres no waiting for them to be released by customs.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After Brexit this will affect most of our goods...
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    After Brexit this will affect most of our goods...

Imported from the USA?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport