Mortgage PPI claim refused.

My 65 year old parents have tried to claim for PPI on their mortgage that they had, from Bank of Scotland/halifax. Used a claims company, who have now said it's been refused by ombudsman. Said there was always PPI during full term of mortgage, but there's not enough evidence it was mis sold. They had been told that they had to have it to get mortgage. Is this the end of the road if it's been refused by ombusman?

Comments

• susietron wrote: »
    Is this the end of the road if it's been refused by ombusman?
    Basically, yes, it's the final end of the road for your "complaint"

Most mortgage PPI complaints are rejected.
    What made you think an Ombudsman referral would overturn the original rejection?

At least the Claims Company will also receive nothing..
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Mortgage PPI claim refused.

Which was always the most likely option from a statistical point of view. Most MPPI complaints fail. I am sure the claims company had prepared them for that being the most likely outcome in their discussions.
    They had been told that they had to have it to get mortgage.
    What evidence did they have to back up that allegation? I suspect none given the outcome.
    Is this the end of the road if it's been refused by ombusman?
    yes.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Well there is always the option of taking the matter to court... however only a lunatic would attempt to take an MPPI case to court, especially after an ombudsman had also rejected the complaint.

Best thing is to except that this was the inevitable outcome, please don’t waste any more time effort or money on this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure