Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Baby steps indeed ... hairy cuddles are the best, too! It's why I'm looking forward to the catsitting so much :) Hope you slept well after all that.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Baby steps :)
    Hope your boy is up for cuddles :)
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Baby steps indeed ... hairy cuddles are the best, too! It's why I'm looking forward to the catsitting so much Hope you slept well after all that.

Thanks both, he was straight over onto my lap when I sat down :D lovely boy. He wasn't so chuffed when I brushed him as well but he tolerated it for a while :rotfl: Lovely to have that to look forward to KC.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Bit of a lazy day today. I went out this afternoon on the bus to a town about half an hour away. Its the furthest I've gone under my own steam since my latest surgery.

All went well but it started to rain heavily when I got off the bus which was a shame. I had a look in a few charity shops - didn't buy anything though I did see a very lovely 70s Susie Cooper coffee set which was well expensive.

Have run out of bread so went to Tosco and spent 85p then as it was raining went for a coffee and a chocolate thing [any excuse] which cost about £4.15 I think so,not a NSD.

Cooked tea when I got home - a one pot 'Basque-style salmon stew'. There will be enough for tomorrow's tea as well.

Then bit of TV watching and bed soon.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anybody who can use the words "latest surgery" deserves a coffee and a chocolate thing, absolutely!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Anybody who can use the words "latest surgery" deserves a coffee and a chocolate thing, absolutely!

Well when you put it like that.... :rotfl:

Didn't mean it to be coming over all 'Holby City' BTW, its only 2 surgeries and thats quite enough :o
  • teapot2
    Options
    Didn't get much sleep last night and have had an upset tummy which is unusual for me. Have taken it easy today as feel a bit 'wabbit' and got a sore head.

Am hoping its just a 24 hour thing and I'll be ok tomorrow. So nothing done today but it will all still be there tomorrow and the next day.

Have had something to eat so hoping it stays there.....

Going to watch 'Vera' with the old furry boy next :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Watching Vera :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Watching Vera :)

I guessed 'who dunnit' about half way through but not all the plot twists of course ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    teapot2 wrote: »
    I guessed 'who dunnit' about half way through but not all the plot twists of course ;)

I dident:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Feeling better today - no more upset tummy, just look a bit peely wally.

Very cold here but bright so in light of the above I ventured out and had a wander to the library and shops. Read the local paper in the library rather than buying it :money:.

Had a coffee and scone £3.90 out but ended up not buying anything else, just wandered round a few shops looking.

Answered some emails when I got home and paid the window cleaner which was £7. Was trying to wait till the beginning of the month before doing an online shop [I can't carry much shopping] but decided I'd order it today for tomorrow as am out of eggs, butter, tinned toms and most veg. Family visiting tomorrow so they'll polish off the remaining biscuits and I couldn't even make more goodies without eggs or butter.

I did get some Tosco vouchers in the post for money off a shop but it was £6 off a £60 shop which I'm not going to be spending. I had much more useful vouchers from them before Xmas; £9 off £50 shop and I used a couple of those as was buying some pressie bits and pieces as well as ingredients for my contribution to the family Xmas dinner. In fact I got an extra £14 back on top because they forgot to put my shopping on the van and omitted to tell me!! So delivery charge refunded and £10 'goodwill'.

By the time I'd done all that didn't feel like cooking what I'd planned which would take a while so had the last of the chickpea and mushroom stew with poached smoked haddock flaked through it which worked well :cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback