PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    3 kitchen cupboards done and reorganised. The various attachments for the food processor\blender\mixer are now altogether on one shelf. 32 items binned or recycled, and another 17 filling up another chazza bag.

Found 2 brand new still in boxes set of cooking knives, one of which is a lovely Japanese set. Good find given we were discussing how our knife block needed replacing.

Also made a point of bringing our some expensive brand cookware which is somehow 'kept for best' but doesn't actually get used. Will make a point to start using the good stuff now!
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    Watch a programme last night about two people who had sold all their worldly goods - only had what they had on their back.

I watch a few travel channels on YouTube where the people did that. None of them seem to miss anything. One channel I particularly like is called The Endless Adventure and they filmed the process where they got rid of everything. It did look liberating.

My latest decluttering successes are:

34) Book sold on ebay
    35) Bag sold on ebay
    36) Finally used up bottle of shampoo I had been ignoring
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    Also made a point of bringing our some expensive brand cookware which is somehow 'kept for best' but doesn't actually get used. Will make a point to start using the good stuff now!

I am doing that too. I had so many things I kept for best ranging from fancy crockery to jewellery. Then I realised what is the point of it being hidden away all the time. Much better to enjoy it.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I spent another 2 hrs sorting through my craft stuff :eek:. If I see another googly eye, feather, button or sequin this side of Easter I'll be a happy bunny :dance:. I have recycled more card, binned half a black bag of well, rubbish really and now there is a very large carrier bag waiting to go to DGD and DD :D.
    Also recycled were 2 tins, a plastic tub and a glass jar all with lids and none of which were full, but the contents were all jumbled up :mad:. Serves me right for not putting things in the correct container in the first place :o . I found lots of odd sized envelopes without cards, so they have been tied together and if they aren't used soon, they will be donated or recycled . So all sorted in the craft dept, then next to be tackled will be either the bottom of my wardrobe or the DGC toys :think:. Either way they both have to be done and sooner rather than later.

Chocolatelover Well done on the weight loss. I wish I could do half as well as you, I am trying..... honest :o
    MrsSD thanks again for starting this thread :A
    Thank you also to all you lovely people for your encouragement and from the comments on here it's working for everyone in a positive way :T:T
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Love reading how well everyone is doing.. The weekend was busy, did declutter a fair bit, chopped up an old broken bed to go to the tip, took the old matress too.. New one (to us) for DS2 was delivered and put up..
    Have another old base to go to the tip & a single matress to offer out (as its really good quality) that will be going Monday morning as have carpet chap coming in the evening & once that’s done my DS1 will be having my small double and I’ll be having the new (to me) wooden bed that’s waiting downstairs!!
    My house looks like a right pickle at the moment, can’t be helped it’ll settle down again once the room is finished... Ooh & I did managed the large bag for the food bank so that’s gone too..
    I know there is a bag for the CS & bits n bobs for my mum lurking, I can’t get to them as the bloomin bed is in the way:rotfl: That said I may find a few more items for the CS while clearing the boys room, so it can wait a little longer to go..

Keep up the good work everyone :T
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,761 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had a busy day today so not much time for decluttering. I did a tiny bit...

16 a plastic case that some lip glosses came in that I was going to put
    "things" in. Three years later it's still empty so I binned it
    17 The HT's dressing gown grown out of but immaculate was
    reallocated to another family member who was very pleased to
    have it.
  • Beshki
    Beshki Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Few bits in a charity bag and a bag full of rags for clothes bin at the tip ready to leave. Have spent the afternoon sorting out. Something I’m finding so satisfying is that in decluttering, I am so much more organised. I have boxes labelled up Christmas Stuff or Bday Cards & wrap, and it’s a great feeling finding stuff and knowing where to put it - it having a place rather than just being all over the place!

Bedding box I ordered arrived and has been put together, so all bedding and towels are now neatly away.

I am addicted!
  • Marpau
    Marpau Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Haven't done much this week as been looking after grandchild.
    Sold one more item on Ebay.
    Decluttered some wool from my stash turned into 6 twiddlemuffs.
    Decuttered chicken bones and left over veg into soup.
    Bathroom cluttered travel bottles filled from partly used large bottles and bottles recycled.
    Christmas gift packs opened and stored wrappings and boxes recycled
    🏅 x 1
    🌟 
    Declutter 150/2022
    Treat jar £92.63

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just had to Google twiddlemuff Marpau as I didn't know what they were. So sweet. A lovely idea.

Nothing for me today but tomorrow DH is going in to the office so I'm going to have a good go round. I have the rug doctor booked for Friday so it would be nice to have less to move.

Next week I have two days taken up with hospital appointments so would like to make an impact before then.

One thing i do have a lot of is DS's clothes from when he was a baby. I did want to fill them again but alas no. Anyway being a sentimental old thing I can't bring myself to give them away so I'm thinking of making a nice big puff quilt using the t shirts, etc. It would free up lots of space.

Everyone is doing so fab and it's really motivating. Thank you.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    haven't been as productive today although I have tidied & recycled quite a bit of stuff - mainly egg boxes & plastic stuff. I was keeping the egg boxes for reuse but as the hens aren't laying as too old then I won't. I have kept one bag for life of them & that's in the shed. I have advertised them for free on F/B as I do like the thought of them getting reused. There in lies my main problem - I do like things to be reused, so have kept alsorts of carp.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure