Meerkat Movies

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tichols wrote: »
    The terms and conditions have changed. Travel insurance no longer qualifies. I discovered this after I purchased insurance and could not activate my movies. Looks like I will be doing an energy switch instead/ as well!!

You sure ?

Travel insurance is mentioned as a qualifying purchase under the terms and conditions

Point 5 here
    http://www.comparethemarket.com/information/meerkat-movies-terms/#purchase
  • Former_MSE_Anthony
    Former_MSE_Anthony Posts: 21 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Best Buy Bear
    edited 9 November 2015 at 4:28PM
    tichols wrote: »
    The terms and conditions have changed. Travel insurance no longer qualifies. I discovered this after I purchased insurance and could not activate my movies. Looks like I will be doing an energy switch instead/ as well!!

Hi guys, I've just spoken with our contact at Compare The Market. They've confirmed to me nothing has changed with Meerkat Movies - so travel insurance IS still included :)

tichols, did you wait 48 hours after purchasing before trying to activate Meerkat Movies? Some people find it works straight away, but others have had to wait a couple of days.

Full info in our blog post: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/deals-hunter/2015/04/15/meerkat-movies-trick-2ish-gets-2for1-films-for-a-year/
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
  • TO ALL CINEMA BUFFS

Am I being stupid or have I just got the Meerkat 2 for 1 cinema voucher without paying for any one day insurance? I took the link at moneysavingexpert for Compare.com. I went to travel insurance for myself for one day 11-12 November by pressing the 'Other' key for actual date. I then gave my date of birth as 1993 [as against 1944 -because the quotes were much higher]. I chose insurance from ERV at £2.03 and when it said go to supplier to buy, I did not. Instead, I logged into my CompareMarket account and lo and behold it sent movie voucher no. 32105910 without buying the insurance nor giving any card details at ERV. Is it that simple without buying anything?

I have checked the website for questions about the 2 for 1 voucher and the 8 digit number looks the business. ‘Money Expert’ did not say anything about not paying for the £2.03 insurance. Perhaps you could try it yourself and if it’s true, as I believe it is, because I got the 8 digit code, which I have to renew every week for a new voucher, presumably when I identify travel insurance for one day starting Tuesday or Wednesday.

Kind regards Patrick
  • I had same problem , purchased travel insurance for £2.05 on Sat 31 Oct, couldn't activate Meerkat Movies straight away as others had. Waited 48 hours, still didn't work.
    E-mailed customer services, (Monday) got a reply within 48 hours to say problem had been fixed.
    It hadn't.
    Sent another e-mail Tues with details of insurance policy I had purchased.
    Problem was fixed in time to go to Spectre Wed eve.
    saved £10.25 with first use.
  • Just bought 1 day travel insurance for £2.02 (Top Dog). Within 10 minutes, had activated my Meerkat Movies account & got a voucher. Simples.
  • I bought the cheapest travel insurance for £2.09 nearly 3 weeks ago very late one Friday night to test what I had read about. Within 20 mins I had the code, activated my Meerkat movies account and have used the App twice for the past 2 weeks, and saved over £20 on cinema trips. Well worth it! Seen Spectre and Suffragette so far. And it all worked very fast from start to finish. Never used this sort of offer before so am very happy indeed. :j
  • TO ALL CINEMA BUFFS

Am I being stupid or have I just got the Meerkat 2 for 1 cinema voucher without paying for any one day insurance? I took the link at moneysavingexpert for Compare.com. I went to travel insurance for myself for one day 11-12 November by pressing the 'Other' key for actual date. I then gave my date of birth as 1993 [as against 1944 -because the quotes were much higher]. I chose insurance from ERV at £2.03 and when it said go to supplier to buy, I did not. Instead, I logged into my CompareMarket account and lo and behold it sent movie voucher no. 32105910 without buying the insurance nor giving any card details at ERV. Is it that simple without buying anything?

I have checked the website for questions about the 2 for 1 voucher and the 8 digit number looks the business. ‘Money Expert’ did not say anything about not paying for the £2.03 insurance. Perhaps you could try it yourself and if it’s true, as I believe it is, because I got the 8 digit code, which I have to renew every week for a new voucher, presumably when I identify travel insurance for one day starting Tuesday or Wednesday.

Kind regards Patrick
    Patrick I'd say the weekly code just comes up in the App each week without us having to do anything. I noticed as well that when you use it as I have done twice now, it's "blocked" from being used again by the same user. Hope this helps.
  • d70cw6
    d70cw6 Posts: 784 Forumite
    anyone tried to use the code at the new Birmingham NEC IMAX cinema? cant seem to get the thing to work
  • I hear you can get insurance on something like a pencil and get this deal real cheap.

Is that right?
  • d70cw6
    d70cw6 Posts: 784 Forumite
    wes_wp wrote: »
    I hear you can get insurance on something like a pencil and get this deal real cheap.

Is that right?

travel insurance is probably cheaper
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport