London Capital and Finance

Options

Comments

• Botheredin
    Options
    Well, given what's been deleted this forum isn't for me.
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    Have you ever thought about property crowdfunding? They allow investment for 2 years and they also offer diversification and reduced risks, because you invest money in different projects. I am not an expert, but for me the stock market is too risky and as for saving accounts they really do have low interest rates. I recently discovered Realty bundles, they have properties all over Europe and you can choose several investment packages to invest.

Reported!!!!
  • Sledger
    Sledger Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have looked back on my past posts and note some have been edited. Do you get notification when a Post is deleted and does it show as a missing number in the numerical sequence. Do we need to daily copy and paste for our Future records as that's becoming a nonsense.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sledger wrote: »
    I have looked back on my past posts and note some have been edited. Do you get notification when a Post is deleted and does it show as a missing number in the numerical sequence. Do we need to daily copy and paste for our Future records as that's becoming a nonsense.
    If a post is deleted then all subsequent ones are renumbered by one, i.e. the post numbering reflects surviving posts only.

Why would you consider it necessary to keep records of what's posted on here, i.e. what would you actually use them for?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 February 2019 at 1:20PM
    Options
    Sledger wrote: »
    There's an easy way to avoid having your posts deleted and redacted:

"I posted a company director's name and address but it's gone, why?
    Forum users should not post their personal details (full names, email addresses, home addresses or telephone numbers) or anyone else's on the forum or send them via private message.

This includes personal details found on public look-up sites such as Whois.com and Companies House."

If you can link to the information without reproducing it, then you are not making MSE a publisher of the information, so the individuals concerned (and their representatives) cannot complain and get your posts removed. The same goes for allegations made in the media, such as the criminal conviction of a certain ex-military, ex-police entrepreneur - fine to post a link to the story, not ok to reproduce the allegation here.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    If you can link to the information without reproducing it, then you are not making MSE a publisher of the information, so the individuals concerned (and their representatives) cannot complain and get your posts removed. The same goes for allegations made in the media, such as the criminal conviction of a certain ex-military, ex-police entrepreneur - fine to post a link to the story, not ok to reproduce the allegation here.
    Criminal convictions are beyond 'allegations' though, they're matters of fact, but I guess that's a moot point if MSE object to mention of them whether or not proven in a court of law!
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do try to stick to the rules. Each post amended or deleted represents a complaint to MSE and a member of staff going in and changing it. If it gets excessive and too libellous they might just delete the whole thread which would be a loss.
  • masonic
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Criminal convictions are beyond 'allegations' though, they're matters of fact, but I guess that's a moot point if MSE object to mention of them whether or not proven in a court of law!
    While I believe what has been written in the Evening Standard, the article itself isn't proof. I don't know how the statement "X has been convicted of Y" would fare if backed up by a legal document stating such, but I suspect X would still be redacted if it represented the full name of an individual who took it upon themselves to complain about the post.

It is rather interesting that in a post containing the full name of an individual, an allegation about them, and a link to the article in which the allegation was made, only the name was redacted.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    It is rather interesting that in a post containing the full name of an individual, an allegation about them, and a link to the article in which the allegation was made, only the name was redacted.
    I think this is the Google effect. If you search for info on an individual and it returns pages you believe are libellous then removing the name removes the problem. They won't come up in the search any more.

In the past threads have been purged of the word "scam" while leaving everything else in place. I believe that's because people thinking of investing sometimes type "ABC Ltd scam" as a precaution to see what comes up.
  • masonic
    Options
    Reaper wrote: »
    In the past threads have been purged of the word "scam" while leaving everything else in place. I believe that's because people thinking of investing sometimes type "ABC Ltd scam" as a precaution to see what comes up.
    Hence the rise of the word bargepole ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure