Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Comments

• tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thought I was in with a good chance of survey with Angelfish Opinions, potential to earn £140 for a 6 week survey starting 4 February 2019. Got the telephone interview and...

:( Angelfish Opinions took extensive financial details AND AT THE VERY END asked if I'm happy to be filmed in my own home, because they cannot accept me onto the survey if not.

Sounds a bit iffy. Just giving you a heads up.
  • dizzybee
    dizzybee Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any one a member of Maru Voice.?

SPC no:076
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    tgroom57 wrote: »
    Thought I was in with a good chance of survey with Angelfish Opinions, potential to earn £140 for a 6 week survey starting 4 February 2019. Got the telephone interview and...

:( Angelfish Opinions took extensive financial details AND AT THE VERY END asked if I'm happy to be filmed in my own home, because they cannot accept me onto the survey if not.

Sounds a bit iffy. Just giving you a heads up.

I would say if they are going to pay you £140 over 6 weeks, that I am unsurprised they would be asking for something like that. They are hardly going to be paying that and asking you to do 5 minute written surveys everyday.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Hello,

So just started this last week doing the surveys just wondering what are your top tips to maximise your return?

I've using swagbucks and curious cat at the moment with a few others still to start.
    • curious cat I know its only £1.13 but feels good I've got something I can cash out lol
    • swagucks try to do the daily stuff at least and nearing my first cash out.
    Do you's leave it all and then cash out at the end of the month?
  • There's tips for each survey site in their own thread :)

General ones I've found:

Swagbucks: - meeting your daily goal (at top of the page) gets you a bonus that you pick up at the end of the month. The bonus gets bigger after a week, 14 days, 21 days etc.

The to-do list at the left of the home page gets you a small bonus when you complete 6/8 things on it.

Try different things on the site and find what works for you - as well as the gold surveys there are PenutLabs (took me a while to find that!) and tasks - time consuming but they add up.

There's also Swago at the moment - can be a good earner if you can get the squares ticked off (it NEVER works right for the first few days!)

Curiouscat - I get a lot of rejections on this, just keep going with it I guess! I always cash out early just in case the app suddenly vanishes. General rule - cash out frequently in case anything happens and you're not able to recover the credit!

Qmee is really good too. Similar to SB surveys - just keep answering, you'll get the rejections, sometimes you get 10 for trying.
  • soupy600
    soupy600 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Brilliant thank you, Cheers for the tip!

I've download the Qmee app just not used it yet.

Is Swago part of swagbucks?

Will have more of a search thru the thread thank you
  • Yep - when you're on the home page, the swago link is on the left. It's like a bingo game on SB (free to join) depending on the game, some squares are more difficult to get (e.g. needing to refer someone or earn from a referral)
  • soupy600
    ahh perfect thanks for the feed back
  • soupy600
    Thanks MLE007 I'm away to cash out my £1.13 lol
  • Topiary
    Topiary Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Cashout on Prolific is £5 but Paypal will charge you and Circle don't

My understanding is that Circle don't charge for cashouts over £20?

Am yet to open a circle account but definite will to avoid paypal fees.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback