PPI Claim: After passing of my father and bankruptcy.

nomorecc
nomorecc Posts: 47 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 20 February 2019 at 3:03PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi All

My father recently passed away and unfortunately not long befor his death had become bankrupt as declared by the court.

I know that he would be owed lots of money in ppi claims he asked several times for me to claim it however of course the receiver would receive the monies and not him, he knew we were unable to make a claim as I had explained to him before he passed.

I am curious as to how this changes in regards to claiming after his death - as it’s something he wanted me to peruse.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Nothing changes you neither your late father or now you are considered eligible complainants - the only person who can submit a claim would be the receiver and as already stated any funds due back would go towards the debts.

Honestly not worth any more thought I’m afraid.
  • Bermonia wrote: »
    Nothing changes you neither your late father or now you are considered eligible complainants - the only person who can submit a claim would be the receiver and as already stated any funds due back would go towards the debts.

Honestly not worth any more thought I’m afraid.

Thanks for confirming.

How does this affect things, if my mother was an additional card holder or joint applicant?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As far as I know, you cannot have a joint credit card, only a card in the name of one person who can add additional card holder(s). The PPI would cover only the main card holder as they are liable for all the debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure