Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 3rd Mar 17, 12:10 AM
    • 2,451Posts
    • 15,016Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Cherry takes the reins
    • 3rd Mar 17, 12:10 AM
    Cherry takes the reins 3rd Mar 17 at 12:10 AM
    Hi everyone.

I'm hoping I can legitimately post a diary here as I'm in the blessed position at the moment of my only actual debt being my mortgage, but I've had a huge change in my circumstances recently and how I manage it will have a big impact on our finances.

I need to talk things through, if only with myself, and motivate myself with small money savings and accountability. For the last few years I've not kept an eye on money but I work and DH's pay has gone up so we've had enough and a bit to spare and I've got lazy with some and wasn't mentally able to face other aspects. Now that I'm in a much better place mentally, I want to take the reins and be deliberate about what I spend. I need to start facing up to this right now because we are covering costs for my Mum's estate until probate is settled. I know this isn't legally necessary but we can pay ourselves back from the estate once the paperwork goes through and I don't like the estate to be building up debt (which oddly is possible).

A bit late tonight to launch into details about the estate so I will give a brief explanation of other financial stuff. DH and I have a couple of joint accounts and a mortgage. We have an aging car which needs to be replaced soon and is essential (DH's work and transport for a disabled relative). We are also going to a family wedding abroad in July, and have paid accommodation and air fares but there will also be car hire, food, sundries and some of the clothes still to buy. DH's income is the larger and pays all the utilities, holidays, fuel and etceteras. Mine goes into the other joint account and pays the mortgage and food, which gives me a lot of pride . I also pay for contact lenses, some donations which I don't want to stop, my phone contract and, temporarily, costs incurred trying to sort Mum's estate.

The breakdown of where my money goes (pcm):
    Mortgage: 282.24
    Donations: 120.00
    Contact lenses: 22.00
    Phone 8.40
    Amazon Prime: 7.99
    Food for 4 adults 80.00 (pw) (approx. 347 pm)

Income:
    Roughly 1,000 pcm (variable due to overtime)
    Bank £3 (if I get my wages transferred regularly)

This month and possibly next I have lots of extra fairly hefty outgoings in terms of travel, paying a cleaner, insurance etc. that are all to do with Mum's estate. I will, as I said, get these back from my eventual inheritance but meanwhile I want to tread carefully and of course it will decrease what I inherit. Duh.

To encourage myself I'm keeping this diary and would love to hear from others as I do so. I can't always see things clearly till others give input.

Action I can see I need to take:
    Get my wages paid directly into this account so I always get that £3! Done in time for May 2017
    Cancel Amazon Prime - cancelled 7/3/17

Little MS things I've managed today:
    Started this diary
    Taken lunch to work - overnight oats
    Mended a favourite cardigan so I can wear it in daylight
    Put myself down for 3 extra shifts. 2 of these particular type of shifts pay for a journey to work on Mum's house.

Uh-ohs
    Forgot DH had an evening meeting so went for the quick-cook supermarket pizza which isn't best use of food money when I could have been using stuff up.
    Far too tired after a late night and an early shift, to go for a run. I know that's nothing to do with money but for lent and my waistline I'm doing C25K.
    Last edited by Cherryfudge; 31-05-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Update
Page 73
    • Onebrokelady
    • By Onebrokelady 12th Feb 19, 11:06 AM
    • 1,467 Posts
    • 8,457 Thanks
    Onebrokelady
    Well done on completing the list Cherryand boo to having to undo your knitting,I hate it when that happens,I wish I could get some washing on the line but it's miserable and damp here so nothing will dry,we have just had some lovely windy days but it was accompanied by heavy showers
    Just keep swimming
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £1,677 Total Now Owed = £15,953
    Emergency Fund = £1,500 Xmas savings = £300
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 12th Feb 19, 11:57 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    A hugely unproductive first half of the day - it just looked as though it was going to pour down and there was no one else at home, which makes a difference to how much I get done. So I did virtually nothing. Then I pulled myself together and tidied up yesterday's socks which were all waiting to be sorted, then went shopping.

I tried a new recipe for tea - Spanish chicken. Lovely roasted veggies but the chicken was the weak point. I might have a go at redesigning it with butter beans or quinoa, which would give very different textures but either might just work. Does rather limit it as a chicken dish but I spent the supermarket trip feeling sorry for the chickens so maybe that's a plus.

My boss rang this morning to say a place has come free on a course I wanted to go on, so I'm off there tomorrow instead of a day off, but I'm better off working if I get nothing done at home. A friend is also going so I'll have someone to talk to.

Now I'm trying hard to remember what I bought besides food... toothpaste (the £1 shop had a nice one), glue (DS2 hasn't told me why he needs it but I'm going to have a go at repairing an ornament I found at Mum's) and ...what? Oh, eyebrow pencil. Got lots of change so there should be something for the poor hungry 10th coin pot.

Spending:
    Toiletries £2.99
    Medical £1.00
    Household £1.00
    Housekeeping £10.55
    MS:
    Am likely to get paid for the course time instead of having to take it as time in lieu
    Enough yogurt and salad for a few days (which should also pep up my health)
    £2 for the £2 jar
    10th coins £1.05
    Decluttering:
    None that I can remember (not counting carting out the recycling)
    And I'm thankful for
    Mild weather, not being overworked and a friend to go on the course with.
    MFW #30 Overpaid by £4,100.58/£3000 in 2018
    Overpaid by £260.82/2,880.00 in 2019
    Decluttered in 2019: 255/2019 as of 20/2/19
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 14th Feb 19, 12:56 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I should be in bed by now but a quick update so I don't lose track.

Today's training was very good but I went from there to do some shopping (need to sign DH's Valentine's card before I go to bed!) and ended up really tired. Why are courses so much more tiring than ordinary work? Anyway I made soup for tea so we were healthily fed, then A and H gave us a gift voucher as a thank you for having them to stay. I know I must have said this before, but I'm going to miss them, even though their new place is within walking distance.

I had a relaxing evening and finished my 2nd knitting project, then started on a small item that I intend to use to learn picot edging. DS2 then came in and asked me if I'd transfer some money to his account if he gave it in cash, so I went online and discovered two payments pending for @mazon, one of which was nearly £40! After a bit of brain-racking I realised I had got a £1 magazine as a cheap intro to a subscription and hadn't realised the actual subscription was nearly due. The other was Pr!me, so after some searching I think I have managed to cancel both. I have also transferred DS2's money and some from Christmas for a couple of his gifts that had to be returned for refunds.

There is also the small matter of some material I had intended to read in preparation for an inspection at work tomorrow, but I am going to have to busk it. Can't stay up ha,lf the night then go in by 7.30 to start a shift. Thankfully today's course was relevant.
    Spending:
    Gift (card) £3.00
    Housekeeping £4.72 (of which £2.50 was coffee while on the course - usually supplied for free but not this time. Make a note for next time!)
    MS:
    £2 coin for £2 savings jar
    10th coin savings 10p
    lentil and chorizo soup for dinner - cheap and healthy!
    Pr!me membership cancelled (savings £7.99 a month)
    Magazine subscription cancelled (£38.45 I think).
    Decluttering:
    One saggy shower cap
    And I'm grateful for
    all our time with A and H, a good training course, finishing the knitting.
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 14th Feb 19, 11:44 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    A lot seems to have fitted into today! I was short of sleep, but got to work to find the promised inspection wasn't till after I'd finished, so the shift was actually unexpectedly relaxed and I had time to clean the goldfish out! When I got home, it was a really beautiful day so I wanted to go out in the garden but was pretty tired and there are several hours' worth of weedy places looking straight at me, so that didn't happen. Instead I deep-cleaned my own fish tank! Normally it takes an hour (which is why it doesn't get done as often as it should) but this was quite a bit longer and the fish seem very happy.

DH and I had dinner out, which was nice and the waiter gave me a rose as I left. Aw.

A and H were loading up the car when we got back and have been spotted since behind moving stacks of boxes, towels and the like. They turned up later to fill hot water bottles, and have now departed to their new place... DS2 has taken possession of the room they've been in for a couple of days. It was his to begin with but he had to move out as the only other room available is a box room that wouldn't fit a couple. He will have to go again in a couple more days as L and J will be moving in. Apparently they visited a few days ago while I was out and there was some sort of upset. The only bit I'm clear about was that J wanted to decorate that room but DH said no and I agree. It's DS2's room, if she changes that it will be like saying it's hers. I think she sees it as she is offering something she thinks is needed, but doesn't appreciate that people don't like to be told how they need to be helped. I think she's still upset as she didn't communicate for a day or so, but hopefully given time this will iron out. I can find other things they can help with but we do operate quite differently, which is one of the reasons she moved out.
    I haven't managed any decluttering today but made progress on my new, small project: a kitchen towel with a fancy edge. It's very MS as it's an offcut of a big towel and using very cheap wool but it will help me learn a new stitch and should be useful in the long term.
    Spending:
    Housekeeping £3.50
    MS:
    10th coin savings 50p
    And I'm thankful for beautiful, spring-like weather, clean goldfish and a red rose!
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 14th Feb 19, 11:51 PM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 29,032 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    All sounding very busy!

The weather has been much nicer here today too. I noticed how much later it was light too. It makes me so much happier.

Do you use a recipe for the soup? If so would you mind sharing? I can never get lentil soup right x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”

POAMAYC 19 #70 £1561/£2070
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 15th Feb 19, 11:20 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    NSD.

For the soup, I use an onion, chopped and saut!ed, then add a tin of chopped tomatoes, about a third of a chorizo all skinned and chopped up, 150g red lentils, about a teaspoon of smoked paprika, a veg stock cube and then water to thin it to whatever consistency you like. As the lentils absorb the water you may need to add a bit more. Cook for 25 minutes or until the lentils have gone really mushy. I like it blended but I don't think that really matters.

I think you could possibly get away with less chorizo if you add a bit more paprika, it's one of those recipes I sort of made up as I went along and made a note of what worked. I've also made it with chopped cauliflower stem that I happened to have, and that worked well. It makes 3 or 4 adult helpings.

NSD
    Nothing particularly MS either.
    Decluttering:
    Finished a small crochet project so there is less stashed fabric.
    Cleared the twigs from the front lawn and trimmed the cotoneaster that's trying to get in the window.
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 17th Feb 19, 12:14 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    it's been a pretty good day off, particularly the lovely weather; I have been weeding the garden, though progress is very slow. To my delight I found that some late-planted crocuses which I thought I had lost are fine, though they may not flower this year. Elsewhere, quite a few purple crocuses are in bloom and all sorts of things that have been lying low are growing again.

We went to see A and H's new place after lunch. It's super. They've been working really hard at setting out their things while combatting all the new house dust and finding out how their new appliances work. Hopefully by this time they have done a food shop too.

Talking of food shopping, we thought we had done really well with this week's budget but now I have gone 25p over my share as I remembered we were out of milk and nearly out of other essentials and I needed a bottle of wine to make tomorrow's Sunday lunch. However the bread and milk will last a few days into next week. I have also mopped up a few things we needed in town, but the sunny day and the smell of the earth obviously went to my head as I bought some plants too. I hope to make further progress on the border tomorrow then they can go in.

L came round this evening with some of their stuff: it looks as though moving in day is definitely tomorrow. Apparently J is at a hen do today so I had a chance to have a talk with him and I think we have substantially cleared up last week's misunderstanding. I hope so anyway.

Spending:
    Housekeeping £20.42
    Pets £4.50
    Garden £11 approx (can't find the receipt)
    MS:
    10th coin savings 50p
    Wombled 1p
    Remembered to get supermarket fish instead of chip shop ones
    Checked bank account and have received both @mazon refunds
    Remembered to add some loyalty card points online
    Decluttered:
    Some weeds from the garden
    And I'm thankful for beautiful weather again, a good talk with L, seeing H and A's house, enough money to be okay despite being over budget, new plants
    Last edited by Cherryfudge; 17-02-2019 at 12:16 AM.
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 17th Feb 19, 3:24 AM
    • 1,418 Posts
    • 6,985 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Will have to try the soup recipe...I usually make lentil and bacon but lentil and chorizo sounds good. Thank you for sharing that.
    paydbx2019 #93 £332.38/£10,100 .
    School trips £591/£1269..
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 18th Feb 19, 12:52 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Just noticed what time you posted, Lou - I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!

I spent much of today feeling slightly off-colour, which I think was down to tiredness. I managed a short run, but I'm so unfit! However I pulled myself round enough to try a new recipe for Sunday dinner, which we ate while sitting around in the lounge as DS2 had found a strange smell in the dining room! We never found out what the smell was, but it seems to have gone now and the meal was very nice.

DFiL is unwell... still. He hasn't been right since he came out of hospital three weeks ago. Back to the GP tomorrow, which means DH having to take time off work again, but we think DFiL has been understating his symptoms, and the GP may not have the full story.

J and L have arrived and moved their stuff in. They are missing the dog from where they stayed before! We played board games after dinner (they dressed for dinner - in pyjamas) and had a good laugh.

Nothing spent today unless you count £650 paid from the estate for a replacement window at Mum's old house.

And I'm grateful I can still run, even if overtaken by two slugs and a caterpillar, and for a lovely chicken recipe for dinner, to treat us all. (And a spare glass of wine for DS2 afterwards).

My hair will be messy and curly on the early shift tomorrow as I've just washed and towelled it and I can't run the hairdryer in case I wake the household!
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 18th Feb 19, 4:13 PM
    • 7,866 Posts
    • 59,832 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I hope you've sorted out the disagreement. I always find it upsetting when family have arguments.

I hope you feel less tired soon, you need to go to bed earlier .

I have some yellow crocuses flowering in pots in my garden, but I feel hard done by because on the packet there was a photo of purple crocuses so I was expecting them to be purple . Isn't that misselling? .

It's nice now that the spring flowers are appearing, isn't it?

Sorry to hear that Dfil is unwell again. I hope they can find out the cause.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 18th Feb 19, 10:26 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Exhausted! Yes, I definitely need to get to bed at a reasonable time... have been up since 20 to 7, the drama started about ten minutes later with a call to say DFiL had fallen. DH got him up and back into bed but the carer called about half past 8 to say she was concerned about him. He's now in hospital and looking somewhat better but on a drip to rehydrate him. They can't find anything clinically wrong apart from known conditions that wouldn't account for his symptoms so he's staying in for a few more tests tomorrow, then has agreed to go for some care for a while to see if he can get back on his feet. He is eating properly and his voice is stronger, which are both good signs.

Work, meanwhile was uneventful and I got some admin done. One funny point was, having managed to organise a quiet hour with my supervisor, he asked me what leave I had booked and I leafed through my diary only to find I had asked for today off! Needless to say I now need to rebook. The manager who okays leave has been off so it had been missed by everyone. It's quite nice to know that I have it to look forward to at some point.

I think the disagreement is largely sorted: more a case of someone not being assertive when put on the spot and then people jumping to conclusions. A and I had a useful talk which will hopefully go some way to clearing it up/avoiding further problems.

Now I think I need to get to bed!
    Spending:
    Gift £1.00
    Housekeeping £9.52
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 19th Feb 19, 10:28 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I'm feeling better for a good night's sleep. L and J were up at some early hour to go for a 4 mile walk before work: it's a lovely sunny morning so it will have been a good start to their day.

Everyone is out and I have a day off! The place is looking scruffy so there's a fair amount to do and a list is called for:

get dressed
    visit DFiL
    laundry (1 load on line)
    ironing
    put titles in bullet journal
    push on with sewing project (that I'm putting off)
    finish weeding small patch of garden and put in the plants I got the other day
    start weeding second area where I want onions planted
    plan dinner
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 19th Feb 19, 5:59 PM
    • 7,866 Posts
    • 59,832 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I'm glad DFIL is having some more tests, just in case anything has been missed.

I hope you get all your jobs done today. Everything always feels better after a good night's sleep .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 19th Feb 19, 8:21 PM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 29,032 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope DFiL is better today, good he's having tests though.

Hope you got some more sleep and you feel better for it too! Remember look after you too.

Thank you for the soup recipe will give it a go this week

Take care

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”

• Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 20th Feb 19, 12:09 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Today went as planned till the afternoon, so I got dressed (always a good start), did three loads of washing and went to visit DFiL. Yesterday, although he's in a side room, it was all very casual. Today it's gloves and red plastic apron - they have a diagnosis. They've found C. Difficile, which really explains why he's been so poorly. He's looking much better though. He's been told it will take a fortnight to clear and the hospital is happy for him to go home as long as he has appropriate care. Therein lies the difficulty: he came home from hospital with this three or four weeks ago, extra care was brought in to help him get back on his feet and he gradually got worse. The social worker isn't happy about him going home either so she's going to look for a temporary placement for him till he's symptom free. Hopefully with backup 24/7 and the right antibiotics this will be a better relaunch.

I offered to tidy round his flat so it will be fit for him to go back to (this was before the SW stepped in), and went intending to spend half an hour just tidying round, as he is quite an orderly person and has a cleaner so it's generally in good shape. However, I must have brought my work head with me as, having tidied Sunday's paper and decided to wash some dishes that had been left on the drainer, I went into infection control and kitchen hygiene mode, and spent hours. I've never had to deal with C. Diff, though I've read the theory which of course didn't stick. It will now though! It apparently takes hold when the natural gut bacteria are compromised (as they can be after a course of antibiotics) so in a very elderly person in particular there is increased risk from foods that most of us could eat without a problem. I began to sort and disinfect the fridge and discovered it really needed to be defrosted, but it's one of those that is built in and it took me ages to find how to turn it off. Then there was only one pair of washing up gloves but I needed to clean in the bathroom as well as the kitchen so I popped to the shops for more bleach and disposable gloves, though when I got back I found another cupboard with duplicates of things I'd bought. I left the flat with the bed stripped and the fridge propped open. Loads of fresh food had to go because it was short dated then even more went because DH came to collect me and had heard his Dad won't be home tomorrow. Looks like another trip tomorrow to finish the job, but I'm happy to say it should be good for him to return to, and we won't have to ask the cleaner to do a deep clean to get rid of any lingering germs.

So as you can tell, it was productive but not to plan. I got home to the third load of laundry still in the washer, and dinner was pizza, but we managed to watch the GB Sewing programme which in turn inspired me to get some of the put-off project done. I'll migrate the ironing till tomorrow - it's not going anywhere.

A sort of bonus was that having found that DFiL already had the cleaning things I needed, I've brought most back here. I know I was slightly naughty though as I treated myself to chocolate biscuits (not having eaten since lunch), another plant that I don't really have space for and some anti-bac wipes that I didn't need but had a nice smell! Oh, the power of advertising.

Spending:
    Housekeeping £5.90
    Gift £1.00
    Garden £5.00
    MS:
    10th coin savings £1.50
    And it was a good day as DFiL is improving fast, I got lots done but I'm not worn out, I got a magnolia plant
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 20th Feb 19, 8:31 AM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 29,032 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Glad they've found the right infection with FiL so they can now treat it, hope he continues to improve.

Sounds like you had a real busy day, look after you too

x

• Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 20th Feb 19, 11:04 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Here's today's list, most of which is the same as yesterday's.

I kept getting woken up last night by various members of the family also being awake, but once they'd all gone to work I got some more sleep. The sunshine seems to have gone and it looks as though there's been a shower but it's still mild so once I've ironed my jeans I shall get dressed.

I've already cut the fabric for the remaining few inches of edging on the sewing so I have that to press into shape too then I shall have to look through the mending (there's always some) and organise myself to do that. It will take very little time but I really don't like getting down to it! However, my knitting/sewing/crochet projects are fewer than they were a few weeks ago, which is good. I don't want to leave a pile of unfinished stuff for the family to bin when I shuffle off this mortal coil, and if I don't actually do something about it, that's what will happen. (Not that I'm expecting to go soon, it's more that my home is full of things I started but never got finished. There are finished things, but you can't tell, just as you can't 'see' finished housework as well as unfinished, IYSWIM).

Get dressed
    visit DFiL
    laundry
    ironing
    put titles in bullet journal
    Finish sewing project
    plan dinner
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 20th Feb 19, 11:40 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I'm not sure why but today has been tiring. I got the laundry done but there seemed to be that 'wading through treacle' effect when it came to going to see DFiL. Eventually I got out of the house in the late afternoon. The fridge at DFiL's house had successfully defrosted without flooding the place so I gave it a quick clean and have left it to come up to temperature again. I think the amount of time I spent there yesterday must have been in the back of my mind as I went off to the hospital to visit him and didn't go back to the fat afterwards.

He seems bright and alert but did make one very strange comment about a crane lifting a house. J and L went to see him later and he told them about a poster on the door that turns into a clock when looked at closely - so it seems the hallucinations he had around the time of his earlier admission to hospital are back. They result from the illness and aren't normal for him but the hospital staff say they can continue for some weeks.

All that aside, he's now fit for discharge, which would be great apart from the social worker deciding he's no longer eligible for funding for a convalescent stay so he will have to pay for this himself - and we are in early stages of finding a good place for him to go. The best one in my view is a few miles away and the nearer ones are either wildly expensive or have had negative reports. That's a decision that will probably be made tomorrow after DH has fitted in phone calls around his work.

On a more cheerful note, my list went quite well and I have soup and an orange ready to take to work tomorrow.
    Get dressed done
    visit DFiL done
    laundry done
    ironing done
    put titles in bullet journal okay, who's got my notebook?
    Finish sewing project progressed
    plan dinner done
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 21st Feb 19, 12:22 AM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 15,016 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I lost the spending diary off that post - here it is:
    Spending:
    Housekeeping £4.07
    Gift £1.00
    Hobbies £1.50 (sewing thread).
    MS:
    Lentil soup again - and a spare portion for tomorrow.
    10th coin savings 4p
    Decluttering:
    Broke a cup but I won't count that as I'll replace it with a nice one from Mum's old house.
    And I'm thankful for DFiL looking brighter, small victories, J and L being strong adults who are very supportive with DFiL.
    Last edited by Cherryfudge; Today at 1:18 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,417Posts Today

8,128Users online

Martin's Twitter