Loan almost statute barred, how to delay?

Comments

• Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Windbag66 wrote: »
    Keep them bogged down in disputes, ask for default notice, notice of assignment, dispute validity of credit agreement, law states it must be a legible copy after all.

Some people far too keen to be lemmings to the system.
    Best of luck, milk em dry.

TIL: keeping up your side of an agreement makes you a lemming.

The more you know.
    Know what you don't
  • Exodi wrote: »
    TIL: keeping up your side of an agreement makes you a lemming.

The more you know.
    Sorry, I once worked for a debt collection agency, makes me laugh when i read threads like this from people who know absolutely nothing about how they operate, giving there moral opinion on how you must pay them back, because you borrowed the money.

You are a debt collectors dream audience, they refer to customers as mushrooms, i think you know why, only since recent FCA intervention have most cleaned up their act, before that, nothing was taboo, cheating and lies went hand in hand with threatening to take anything from the family silver to the cat, its clear to me most of the posters on this thread have never had to deal with debt collectors at all.
    “Everyday is a bank account, and time is our currency. No one is rich, no one is poor, we've got 24 hours each.” “It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry, I once worked for a debt collection agency, makes me laugh when i read threads like this from people who know absolutely nothing about how they operate, giving there moral opinion on how you must pay them back, because you borrowed the money.

You are a debt collectors dream audience, they refer to customers as mushrooms, i think you know why, only since recent FCA intervention have most cleaned up their act, before that, nothing was taboo, cheating and lies went hand in hand with threatening to take anything from the family silver to the cat, its clear to me most of the posters on this thread have never had to deal with debt collectors at all.

So you'll have no issue loaning me £5000?

I will totally pay you back but when I don't, you won't mind
  • OK, if you want genuine advice OP you should write to your creditor, explaining that you acknowledge the debt and will pay it when you have the money later this year. Make sure you sign.

They will delay action as a first response, assuming that they can close the file on your case and will likely miss the deadline.
  • Nasqueron wrote: »
    So you'll have no issue loaning me £5000?

I will totally pay you back but when I don't, you won't mind
    Far as i am aware, debt collectors dont lend money, but ill keep you updated if that changes.

Lots of sweeping statements been made when we know nothing about this lads circumstances, ever thought of becoming a debt collector ?
    “Everyday is a bank account, and time is our currency. No one is rich, no one is poor, we've got 24 hours each.” “It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 February 2019 at 1:48PM
    giving there moral opinion on how you must pay them back, because you borrowed the money.

Right, you have a legal and moral duty to repay debts.
    You are a debt collectors dream audience, they refer to customers as mushrooms, i think you know why,

Does it matter? I'm only responsible for my own actions. If someone acts badly then that doesn't mean I should harm myself by lowering my own standards.

It sounds like you're trying to justify yourself because you don't want to feel bad about things you've done. If it wasn't wrong, you wouldn't feel the need to justify yourself.

Of course you're free to do whatever you want, but if you ask for advice and the advice isn't what you wanted because it makes yourself feel bad then getting angry is not going to solve anything.
  • Windbag66
    Windbag66 Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2019 at 3:40PM
    Thing is phillw,

Its a lot more complicated then you realise.

By the time we got involved, the original creditor had had there money back, we would buy up portfolios of accounts for pennies in the pound, around about 20p-25p was the average, we would then pursue the debtor for the full balance, and full balance was what we wanted, we worked on a commision basis, we did and said, everything we could in order to get full payment there and then over the phone, commision on a 2k debt was a nice little earner, but paid at £5 a month, it was useless to me.

So we didnt encourage payment plans, we told em we`d send round the bailiffs, empty there houses, even take there pension pots, non of which we could legally do, but they didnt know that, the great british public are utterly clueless when it comes to things like this, and we used that to our utmost advantage, as regualtion of the industry was pretty weak at the time, add to that you had a daily meeting with the boss, to, lets say "inspire" you to meet your daily/weekly/monthly target.

I`m out of that buisness now, i`m certainly not angry, or trying to justify anything, i`ll leave it there, just don`t be too keen to give your hard earned to a debt collector, thats all i`m saying.
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Phillstocks75 have you checked that the information the CCA provided is correct, based upon what it should say (I have no idea what it should contain but others have previously stated).

Secondly have you checked the exact dates the loan becomes statute barred? As with everything you have to be certain of your position and that you have everything in order.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • Windbag66 wrote: »
    Thing is phillw,

Its a lot more complicated then you realise.

By the time we got involved, the original creditor had had there money back.
    It’s “their”, and no, they hadn’t.

I can see why you don’t work in the business any longer. To have done so and not understand even the basics takes something quite special.
  • Aww, are you sore at me john ?

So John is a banker, yes ? John likes to lend money to people who don’t need it.

I suspect John likes driving around in his flash car, paid for by his big bankers bonus eh !!

I understand perfectly John, the question is, do you.......
    We’ll talk again real soon John.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure