Default notice

Guys I need your help again . I've had a default notice from capital one. It says they might take me to court once the bankruptcy has finished. Ok it says the company will not take me to court to get a judgement against me for money owed whilst the bankruptcy order is in place.
It's says to get a solicitor!!

Help

Comments

• broaps
    broaps Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi Dbr
    My husband had a CC with CapitalOne and they were the worst for telephonng even after he was bankrupt. Every time they rang he told them he was bankrupt and gave the bankruptcy reference but there would be another call the next day. eventually he told them to stop pestering him as he had already given the details several times and they finally went away. This debt will be part of your bankruptcy and should be nothing to worry about.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I agree with broaps: Send them a copy of the BR order and then tell them to stop harassing you or you will complain to the Insolvency Service. If they keep it up, give your OR the details and ask if they can intervene.
    You don't need a solicitor - its just scare tactics. They can't take you to court for a pre-BR unsecured debt.
  • katyp
    katyp Posts: 124 Forumite
    Agree with TheGardener - a BO wipes out just about every debt (with one of two very specific exceptions I believe).
    Our major creditor (the one that forced us to go bankrupt) pointed out a clause in their contract that said they could continue to pursue the debt even after bankruptcy. Our IP said to ignore it.
  • Dbr
    Dbr Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've sent a copy to the OR to deal with. Cheers every one have a good day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure