Been refunded for only one item when I bought two

Hi all

So I bought two items (a smallish amount of £18) and the seller lost it twice and blamed the courier. I get a lot of things in every day and never had an issue so to lose one item is a bit strange but for both items to go missing is highly unlikely. The tracking comes up as invalid.

Anyway, the seller has now given me a refund but only for one item and not both. I sent the seller an email a week ago and not heard anything so what's best to address this? TIA.

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    shapala wrote: »
    Hi all

So I bought two items (a smallish amount of £18) and the seller lost it twice and blamed the courier. I get a lot of things in every day and never had an issue so to lose one item is a bit strange but for both items to go missing is highly unlikely. The tracking comes up as invalid.

Anyway, the seller has now given me a refund but only for one item and not both. I sent the seller an email a week ago and not heard anything so what's best to address this? TIA.

Answer will depend very much on what platform you bought from. Direct from the sellers website / via ebay/ amazon etc , and how you paid
  • shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dlusman wrote: »
    Answer will depend very much on what platform you bought from. Direct from the sellers website / via ebay/ amazon etc , and how you paid

eBay via PayPal. Also, seller sent an e-cheque so will take more than a week to be refunded.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Were these bought in 2 seperate transactions or one?

If one then any INR case opened would have got the full amount for both items back. If 2 transactions then cases needed to be opened for both.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    soolin wrote: »
    Were these bought in 2 seperate transactions or one?

If one then any INR case opened would have got the full amount for both items back. If 2 transactions then cases needed to be opened for both.

Hi Soolin. Hope you're well. No it was one eBay transaction despite it being 2 orders.

I'm away with work at the moment but will email pp and see what happens.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    shapala wrote: »
    Hi Soolin. Hope you're well. No it was one eBay transaction despite it being 2 orders.

I'm away with work at the moment but will email pp and see what happens.

If it was one payment and an INR claim was opened then the full amount refunded was the only way the seller could close the case.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure