Is it safe to book a flight with flybe

Options
Want to book with flybe still selling tickets even though if the virgin sale falls through ie shareholders reject the deal the airline will be wound up what would you do book or not shareholder's have been told accept the deal or get nothing

Comments

• lewishardwick
    Options
    Maybe. No one knows...

Pay by credit card if over £100 and check your travel insurance covers such events.
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Will be a real shame if Flybe fold. Have used them several time to fly around the UK rather than taking the train, have always found the service very good.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will be a real shame if Flybe fold. Have used them several time to fly around the UK rather than taking the train, have always found the service very good.

The same albeit not around the UK but to mainland Europe.
  • johncas1
    johncas1 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Would be under £100
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The deal is supposed to complete on 22nd February so you might want to wait. The directors and shareholders are at each other's throats as how the airline got to the stage it is at now. 4 weeks ago it appears they got as far as notifying the CAA that they were about to close so it really is living on a knife edge and the collapse of Flybmi which was in a very different market to Flybe suggests all is not well in the UK aviation market. See if you can buy scheduled airline failure insurance, it used to be available at £5 a go if the insurers won't touch it, then maybe see if there is an alternative? I would love to say it will survive but after being bailed out with £10 million on 15th January, it needed another £5 million 10 days later....
  • johncas1
    Options
    Deal has been done with a consortium including virgin but what I was told shareholders need to vote on it 1st of march or around that date if shareholders approve sale goes through if not the owner will wind up the company and shareholders get nothing so if I was a shareholder I would vote in favour would not want to see another airline calapse
  • wary
    wary Posts: 789 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Assuming you book then you may want to take this into consideration when selecting your cabin baggage:
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.flybe.com
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    wary wrote: »
    Assuming you book then you may want to take this into consideration when selecting your cabin baggage:
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.flybe.com

Many of those complaints seem to people moaning that the carry on size allowance is less than most other short haul carriers. The reason for this is that most of the Flybe fleet are made up of Dash-8 aircraft which are significantly smaller than say Airbus A321s or Boeing 737s. I found that when booking with Flybe the hand carry on allowances were clearly stated, if people choose not to bother adhering to those rules and then get told they much check their luggage into the hold, it cannot be blamed on the airline.
  • johncas1
    johncas1 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have booked I'm only taking on a rucksack as carry on and paid for a hold bag for other things like clothes gifts etc

Also what I was told is flybe made the operations company separate company and made it so if they sold it they wod not need shareholders approval that side of the Businesses is being sold to connect which dose not need shareholders approval and the parent company is what's being argued about I dont know how stocks and shares work but if connect buy the operations part of the planes etc without shareholders approval they can start operating or do they need to buy the parent company to
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure