Quidco / Virgin Mobile 45GB/m £10 - YES £10

I have just switched to Virgin Mobile from PlusNet. I get 5GB data with PlusNet (and recently had to top up £15 extra as I ran out when I was in Europe). Now I can get 45GB monthly (with monthly rollover if ever I need it with that much data) for £18 on a 12 month SIM contract. BUT.... with QuidCo, I get £96 cashback, so effectively it is only £10 per month - the same as I'm paying PlusNet and with better features. Both virtual networks run on EE so no change to coverage.

That is an INSANE deal !!!

Comments

• Did anyone ever have this pay out?

I took out the same deal and was waiting for the £96 cash back. I had a message from Quidco today saying categorically that Virgin had communicated with them and told them I didn’t meet the criteria (I definitely did).

I’ve spent an hour on the phone to Virgin this evening and they have told me categorically that they have had no contact from Quidco.

The problem is clearly a failure of communication between Virgin and Quidco to confirm the cash back, but Virgin are just directing me back to Quidco.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 June 2019 at 9:02PM
    You really should see you will get the cashback is a dead cert.

As for where you go from here I dont know.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    (I didn’t meet the criteria (I definitely did)
    What criteria ??
  • From the Virgin page at Quidco:

What will stop me earning cashback?

If you purchase a ‘Liberty SIM’ product
    If you have already have a registered account with Virgin Mobile
    If you are upgrading your current contract
    If you are renewing your contract
    If you are purchasing an extension
    If the contract is cancelled
    If the contract is not live for at least 6 months
    if you choose to pay off the cost of your device early and upgrade to a new device.
    If you cancel a contract and start a new one to gain additional cashback
    If you purchase accessories bought in combination with mobile handsets
    If you apply an additional discount that reduces your overall purchase price, this may cause your cashback to be declined or reduced. e.g Voucher codes, student discount, staff discount
    If you pay for your purchase using gift card
    If your purchase is not fully completed online
    If you complete your purchase over the telephone
    If you participate in any other offer/ promotion that is not covered in the retailer Cashback rates
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    I was at one time probably Quidco's highest cashback earner (I definitely was with Topcashback as they told me so). I left both in disgust when they became entirely dishonest in their marketing and payments. Don't believe anything they promise. If a merchant does pay, great; if they chose not to (for genuine reasons or often not) the cashback sites with wuote standard t&c and basically couldn't care less. At one time they quoted being regulated so you can go to the FOS. I did - you can't. Charlatans.
  • From their current website:

As further evidence of our credentials we were voted the UK’s best cashback site at the 2012 and 2013 Consumer Moneyfacts awards, our quality of customer service is recognised by Customer First and our Quidco Compare service is regulated and authorised by the FCA, a statutory body set up under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA).

Maybe I'll try FCA if escalation via Quidco support fails.
  • After getting nowhere with Virgin customer support or Quidco support, I posted on Twitter and Quidco then transferred the amount to me in hours.

From what I can make out, they still haven’t had the commission from Virgin but Quidco have paid me from their own funds.

It feels like the main Quidco support team could learn something from their social media team (assuming that they’re separate).
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    From their current website:

As further evidence of our credentials we were voted the UK’s best cashback site at the 2012 and 2013 Consumer Moneyfacts awards, our quality of customer service is recognised by Customer First and our Quidco Compare service is regulated and authorised by the FCA, a statutory body set up under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA).

Maybe I'll try FCA if escalation via Quidco support fails.

I stopped believing anything on their website a long time ago. Generally, it's meaningless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure