Bank Charges and CCJ issued against Santander

Hi
Can anyone help or guide me.I am trying to reclaim charges on a burtons store card now being dealt with by Santader. I issued a money claim on the .gov website. I had correspondance to my email from a lawyer acting on behalf of Santander saying they were going to dispute the case.

However when I logged into my online money claims account, it said Santander did not respond to the case and asked if I wanted to issue a CCJ. Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Kind Regards
Dec

Comments

• dec2007mcl wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone help or guide me.I am trying to reclaim charges on a burtons store card now being dealt with by Santader. I issued a money claim on the .gov website. I had correspondance to my email from a lawyer acting on behalf of Santander saying they were going to dispute the case.

However when I logged into my online money claims account, it said Santander did not respond to the case and asked if I wanted to issue a CCJ. Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Kind Regards
    Dec
    Need more details.

What charges are you trying to reclaim and why did you need to resort to "a money claim .gov website"? Had all other avenues failed?
  • they were late payment charges on a burtons card, 31 monthly charges. I went to ombudsmen but they said because it was over 6 years they couldn't look into it, i am arguing that I wasnt aware i could claim these back until last year when i had a successful ppi claim on the same account
    Section 32 of the Limitation Act 1980;

“the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.”
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If the charges were correctly applied normally you've not much chance of getting them back.
    However, it looks like they didn't defend their case and you have won by default if you are being asked if you want to issue a ccj. If you issue a ccj you may force them to set up a payment plan, the same as anyone else :)
    congratulations.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • So why do you think this solicitor is emailing me directly. Could it be a mistake on moneyclaims.service.gov.uk behalf.

I have requested a County Court Judgment (CCJ)and they have now said;

We’ll contact you within 14 days to tell you whether the judgment has been entered.
    Santander can no longer respond to your claim using this service - they may have responded by post.

Do you know what it means by 'whether the judgment has been entered'?

Thanks for your time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport