Waiting over 58 weeks for pip tribunal

Hi guys I’m new here, I received pip from 2014-2017 after a f2f assessment was turned down n refused, I lodged the MR and the appealed to the tribunal service nov 2017, I’m still awaiting a date! I called last week to be told it’s around 63 weeks waiting, surely this can’t be right! Can anyone share their waiting times or us anyone else in the same boat??
Tasha :)

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm afraid there's huge backlogs all over the country and some are waiting over a year for a hearing date. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but wait to receive a date.
  • cantcope
    cantcope Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    I had a tribunal hearing in Jan last year 2018. I'd made my original application for PIP in December 2016.
    Waiting times are extremely lengthy i'm afraid. I was originall told in the June the wait time was 10 weeks and this just kept increasing everytime i called.
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006:j Debt free 25th Feb 2008:j Living "my" dream:T
  • Tasha86
    Tasha86 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary

How did your tribunal go??
  • Tasha86
    First Anniversary
    Had my date through for about 3 wks time ��
  • Tasha86
    First Anniversary
    64 weeks in total
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You will receive a large lump sum WHEN you win !!
  • Tasha86
    First Anniversary
    oh I do hope so!! Thanks
  • Tasha, we're in N Wales too, and my son's just had his Tribunal this month after initially applying for PIP in Oct 2017, so it looks like quite normal up here...and good luck - his was very non-confrontational and the panel were very nice to him (& me, there to support and talk for him).
  • Ahhh I’m soo glad you’ve had a positive result after I bet an horrendous 15 months!! And your reply has reassured me that I wernt just forgotten about or my case a load of crap lol!

I have a rep so hopefully I should be ok and hopefully I get a panel like you had!

Hope your son and you are finding life abit easier now, I will post my outcome and the details ASAP
  • Tasha86 wrote: »
    Ahhh I’m soo glad you’ve had a positive result after I bet an horrendous 15 months!! And your reply has reassured me that I wernt just forgotten about or my case a load of crap lol!

I have a rep so hopefully I should be ok and hopefully I get a panel like you had!

Hope your son and you are finding life abit easier now, I will post my outcome and the details ASAP

Hi Tasha, how did you find a ref if u don't mind me asking as me and my wife are struggling to find someone to attend the tribual with us. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure