Can credit card limits be consolidated?

13»

Comments

• xmarksthespot
    xmarksthespot Posts: 24 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 February 2019 at 3:33PM
    Thanks @!!! for pointing out the blindingly obvious.

For your info, the withdrawal fee is normally 2.99% on Barclaycard - but then I wouldn't expect you to believe me on this either , given you've ignored what both myself and @Ben8282 have told you already.

Thankfully, there are some people on here that *do* know what they're talking about. Any credibility you may have had is shot - but do feel free to apologise - after you've stepped down from your high horse of course. ;-)
  • I happen to have a card with Barclaycard and I asked them about the Travel Card.

They told me there is interest payable on cash transactions, and even the summary page for the card states this:
    https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/hd-platinum-travel-summary
  • xmarksthespot
    xmarksthespot Posts: 24 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 February 2019 at 5:38PM
    Hee hee @!!!, you're a real glutton for punishment, aren't you?

Even on the link you provided (albeit for a different card to what I have) it states: "Maximum 56 days from date of transaction for new purchases and for non-sterling cash withdrawals if you pay your main balance and any monthly Instalment plan payments (if you've taken out any Instalment plans) in full and on time each month."

There's another piece of information on there that's quite telling too. But why don't I just give you a bit more rope....

The card I got was recommended by MSE here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/travel-credit-cards/#barclaycard - and there are offers above and beyond what's advertised.

Of course, you just want to believe you're right because you have some sort of Barclaycard already. But as you haven't asked the right questions either of Barclaycard or myself, and have made some assumptions then in addition to losing credibility you're starting to look really silly.

Giddy up! This is fun.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 11 February 2019 at 10:14PM
    !!! wrote: »
    Are you sure it's interest fee?
    I've not known a credit card that allows cash withdrawals (either at home or overseas) where interest doesn't occur from day one - fee free yes - but not interest fee.

Maybe you should look at getting a Starling/Monzo/Revolut account that allows for fee-free cash withdrawals

Yes it is. Read the summary information for the card. I too was surprised and read it carefully several times to be sure. The card in question is the Barclaycard Platinum cashback Plus.
    Maximum 56 days from date of transaction for new purchases, non-sterling cash withdrawals and any balance and money transfers on a promotional rate that have been added to your account since your last statement if you pay your main balance (excluding any promotional balance with a 0% interest rate) and any monthly instalment plan payments (if you've taken out any instalment plans) in full and on time each month.
  • @Ben8282 - spot on.

@!!! - mmmm, you seem to have gone very quiet...
  • It’s not a p1ssing competition.

Get over yourself...
  • @!!! - oh I love it when people have to resort to insults when they have nowhere else to go.

You could of course admit that you got things wrong - even after being presented several times with the information! You could of course apologise. But no, @!!! thinks he knows best.

You've been exposed by a newbie. Hee hee. What fun. Funnier still that you kept on diggin' that hole, post after post, deeper and deeper...

Thanks for the entertainment!

And thanks to everyone else who gave practical - and above all ACCURATE - information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure