Closed ESA claim will there be a final payment?

I closed my ESA claim last week on Wednesday and I thought that as ESA was paid in arrears I'd receive another payment on my usual payment day Thursday?

However, I didn't receive it and nor have I received any correspondence from the DWP is this normal? Many thanks?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I closed my ESA claim last week on Wednesday and I thought that as ESA was paid in arrears I'd receive another payment on my usual payment day Thursday?

However, I didn't receive it and nor have I received any correspondence from the DWP is this normal? Many thanks?
    As you only closed it on the Wednesday then you should have received your money as normal the following day, as you say that's when you should have received it. Did you ring DWP to ask why you didn't have that money?

I see you posted the same question last Thursday, although you didn't receive any replies. It's now the weekend and they're closed. Payments are made in arrears yes but no one here can tell you why you didn't receive your money. You need to ring ESA tomorrow morning, they open at 8 and ask them this question. They will be able to tell you.
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    As you only closed it on the Wednesday then you should have received your money as normal the following day, as you say that's when you should have received it. Did you ring DWP to ask why you didn't have that money?

I see you posted the same question last Thursday, although you didn't receive any replies. It's now the weekend and they're closed. Payments are made in arrears yes but no one here can tell you why you didn't receive your money. You need to ring ESA tomorrow morning, they open at 8 and ask them this question. They will be able to tell you.

Thanks for your help. I called but I am even more confiused :s

I was told they suspended the claim and didn't close it as there was a some computer system problems. They also said that when you close a claim you don't get the arrears payment after that date but that can't be right? Also that it takes two weeks as it has to go to the closing group? Why do they need a group to close a claim? It's all really confusing :s
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure