Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• ma786
    ma786 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    We are in the same process, sent application to TSB via broker last week expecting to get a response this week but they are way behind on checking applications / docs so looking at another week or so!
    The wait is now killing us - first time buyer so extremely nervous!
  • Sazzy7
    Sazzy7 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My flat buying is going nowhere. I changed mortgage broker after five weeks and getting nowhere, with Halifax constantly reducing the amount they would loan me. New mortgage broker found a mortgage with Leeds but when they looked at the property brochure they decided they didn't like my flat so wouldn't loan me the money, then he went to Ipswich Building Society, who decided after seeing the shared ownership rent that I couldn't afford the flat. Considering I earn around £75k (as a contractor) is ridiculous. I could afford to buy a non-shared ownership place, but it will take me a couple of years to save up that much and I don't want to keep living in a shared rental. If I go and rent somewhere on my own I'll be paying more than my rent and mortgage on a shared ownership.

It is sooooo stressful, haven't had a good night's sleeps in two months, my flat is sat there empty waiting for me to move in and I can't seem to find a lender who will do a shared ownership mortgage for me as a self employed with 1 year accounts (same line of work for 13 years) on a new flat that is in a converted building. Everything seems to be against me getting this flat. :(
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    tori.k wrote: »
    we finally get to join you guys :)
    Timeline
    5/3 house viewed
    7/3 offer excepted
    10/3 DIP reproduced
    12/3 mortgage application with platform (co-op) via broker

This should be a fairly easy process as we were set up with another property that fell through so hopefully looking to complete in 5/6 weeks time.

15/03 full mortgage offered subject to valuation,
    20/03 valuation booked
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    12/02: Applied via broker.
    16/02: Valuation carried out.
    20/02: Solicitor forms submitted.
    26/02: TSB asks about taxable benefit & I answer.
    12/03: I ask broker to confirm valuation was fine and TSB doesn't need anything else, he answers yes to both.

So it's been nearly a month since we submitted everything that we needed to (our case tracker says nothing more is required) and still nothing. >_>
  • stripedbanana
    Options
    Waaahhh, our online tracker has updated to stage 3 (completion) and confirms we'll receive our written offer within 5 days. Inexplicably relieved amd much faster than I expected!!

Timeline (no separate valuation as buying in Scotland):

6/2 - AIP from Natwest via broker
    28/2 - Closing date offer accepted
    7/3 - Full application
    8/3 - Valuation report received by lender
    15/3 - Payslips and bank statements assessed
    16/3 - Online confirmation of offer
  • Alarae
    Alarae Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    15 Feb - View house (just back to market), first through the door and offer full asking price
    16 Feb - Offer accepted. AIP via L&C.
    19 Feb - Send all info to broker for full app.
    21 Feb - Try to submit full app- technical glitch.
    23 Feb - Full app finally submitted to Santander.
    26 Feb - Email over extra documents.
    27 Feb - Ask for more documents
    28 Feb - Documents submitted
    5 Mar - Passed to underwriters
    7 Mar - More documents requested
    8 Mar - Documents provided
    10 Mar - Back to underwriters
    14 Mar - More documents requested
    16 Mar - Documents submitted

I hate Santander systems. Every time we submit more documents they are in one queue to be reviewed, then after that they go back into another queue to be passed to underwriters.

At this point I am not sure what else they could want other than my dress size..
  • steph2901
    steph2901 Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Our valuation has been done and now with the underwriter, broker says we should have an update Monday. I can't stand the waiting!

Our timeline so far

24/2 View house and put offer in. Offer accepted later that day
    26/2 Contact broker for AIP
    28/2 AIP from Precise
    5/3 Full application
    6/3 Signed declaration and DD mandate
    7/3 Precise ask for P60s
    12/3 Questions asked about bank account transactions (it was maintenance payments from ex for daughter)
    15/3 Valuation done
    16/3 Broker says it's with the underwriter and should have an update Monday
  • Scottmac19
    Options
    Broker now saying valuation has been done and if there was anything they didn’t like they wouldn’t of done a valuation , hopefully get this over the line soon
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Virgin Money have come back with lots of questions about my OH who isn't on my applicant or dependant and told me I will need to pay off my student loan!

Broker did not mention this! It's not a large amount but a bit frustrating that I declared it on application to broker that I have 4 months left to pay by DD and they said if would be fine.:(

Proper stressing about the amount of Q's they asked. More so when I had already provided much of the info.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They also sent valuer before receiving docs and asking any questions which means if they Decline me I have lost the fee for that. Bit of a backwards set up
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback