Smug 'advisors'

I registered on this forum to ask for help, and received smug replies from people who have no appreciation for my financial situation.

Comments

• Yeah, you get a lot of that. They're a thorny bunch here but if you can look past the pr... thorns, you will usually receive some useful advice.

It does look like you have received some constructive responses to your request for help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 February 2019 at 11:23AM
    It's not the forums fault it is the individuals who respond to you.

You have to just ignore the smug replies, we have all had them at some point.

This site has been a lifesaver for me so give it time and another chance, don't let a small minority ruin it.

Try posting on the Debt Free Wannabee boards.

Dxxx
  • Having a quick look down your other thread, I really can't see why you've reacted this way. There may have been people disagreeing with your approach, but nothing exceptionally rude, and certainly not worthy of starting a new thread to complain about them.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • Well you are on a public forum. You can post what you like so that's the risk.

If you dont want it, then go and pay to see someone about it.

Unless of course you are the type who wants advice but only the certain type that you want to hear. There is also a lot of this on forums too.
  • I’ve told you what you need to do, I’d suggest you get on and do it straight away.

Remember, write, don’t email.
  • Hi

We like to encourage healthy discussion and hope that our forum members are polite and friendly when replying. If you feel a post breaks our rules please use the report button on the post.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I registered on this forum to ask for help, and received smug replies from people who have no appreciation for my financial situation.

maybe you are overly sensitive?
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • There is a difference IMO between money SAVING and deliberately asking how to avoid payment of a legitimate debt.
    If everybody paid their loans back there would be no bad debts and EVERYBODY 's loans would be cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure