Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Congratulations on your marriage.

I'm glad you enjoyed your first visit smurfette. We landed on Thursday. It was a bit wobbly. We enjoy Planet Hollywood too. Do you think you'll be back again?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,350
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    We were worried going out as people say you have to tip everyone, and we would feel pressured, we didn't feel that way at all.
    glad you enjoyed Vegas, maybe you will become a regular.

re tipping, does the above mean you didnt tip.

I hate tipping for the sake of tipping, but have got used to tipping the cocktail waitresses, the housekeepers and at restaurants/buffets
  • John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    my husbands was Taco Bell
    I don't know if it would interest you or not, but FWIW Taco Bell have a few locations in Britain now:
    http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Hi, we arrived today Vegas time and yesterday UK time at 8.30pm vegas time and was shattered. Mad rush through Dallas airport as I got an x as usual at the machines and issues with luggage. All is well now. My daughter missed her connection in JFK as her Heathrow flight was delayed,so they've put her up for the night and will have her here in the morning. I can't believe we're here! I also can't believe how bad people make the Excalibur to be and glad i listened to you guys here. It's not bad at all ��
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • we did tip (waitresses, bus driver that we had to the hoover dam, cocktail waitresses) just didnt feel pressured to do so. Some people told us before we went that if we didnt tip enough they would run after you.

We did the $20 upgrade trick when checking in which worked, we got a great room in the tower block overlooking the pool and mandalay bay.

We will def go back, but will need to save up again for another year!
  • Stew68
    Stew68 Posts: 813
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    All these people going out, coming back and out there at the moment and i've still got over a month to go yet..... :(

For those out there now and those about to go out there have a great time.
  • Stew68
    Forumite
    we did tip (waitresses, bus driver that we had to the hoover dam, cocktail waitresses) just didnt feel pressured to do so. Some people told us before we went that if we didnt tip enough they would run after you.

We did the $20 upgrade trick when checking in which worked, we got a great room in the tower block overlooking the pool and mandalay bay.

We will def go back, but will need to save up again for another year!

Hi Smurfette,

When you've recovered from the jetlag could you tell me who you used for the hoover dam trip? I'm looking to have a tour there too when i'm out there.

Congratulations on your wedding too.

Thanks
  • Hi Stew,
    We booked online with a company called Papillion helicopters. We had a Grand Canyon Tour with a champagne picnic booked for Thursday 30th, which was ideal for us as it was the morning after our wedding, they pick you up from your hotel and drive you 30 mins away to the helicopter airport. The bad news......on this day the weather was so bad they could not fly and rescheduled it for the friday, we got picked up again on the friday made to wait 2 hours to hear if they could fly or not, only to be told they would not be flying. We therefore wasted two mornings at this airport, complained as i got upset we were so excited about doing this tour. The good news.......they booked us on the Hoover dam tour instead, we got private transfer to the hoover dam lodge (which they dont do normally), got treated like VIP's, the helicopter was amazing! it was only 12 mins long but well worth it, we got a refund for the Grand Canyon trip which i'm still so gutted we couldn't do. But it just means we have an excuse for going there again lol
  • Stew68
    Forumite
    Thanks Smurfette,

Sorry you missed out on the Grand Canyon Trip, if it reassures you at all when I did the same trip in 2008 we were the last plane off the tarmac at the Grand Canyon before the stopped the planes taking off and it was the bumpiest ride i've ever had and i've done hundreds of roller coasters over the years!

As you say though, an excuse to go back.

Thanks again.
  • ince_mon
    ince_mon Posts: 323 Forumite
    Just booked for the wife and myself in November. 3 nts in San Francisco,3 Nts in Vegas,then 3Nts in New York. I don't wish to be rude,but without traipsing through pages.............what's the script with the $20 trick?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure