Debt Free By 2019?

Comments

• Ha ha hello lonelyrat!

Thanks for all the congratulations! Going to take a second look at the car again today as I lost all faith in being able to assess it myself once I got there but I do know that the engine starts and it goes into first gear okay :rotfl: as long as he can drive it around a little then I'll take over and drive it back the rest of the way around the block and he can help me check all the lights etc

Ah I always set myself areas for improvement but I rarely stick to it lol but I'm hoping as it's out on the internet now I may feel more inclined! My skin can get quite bad so I starting using Clinique and it's fab as long as I remember to do it every morning and evening and I can be quite [STRIKE]lazy[/STRIKE] forgetful sometimes.

I printed off my most accurate snowball calculator last night so I know what I'll be paying to which debt going forwards so I feel much more in control :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • To do list for the day:
    - appreciate the fact it's nice and sunny outside
    - pay in some money at the PO for someone at home
    - have second look at car with my brother after work
    - give said brother birthday pressie from March :rotfl:
    - make a start on the next module of my course
    - pop into NWest to see if my cheque has arrived
    - pay £10 into my current account to pay off of CC1
    - count small change when I get home to see if I can pay any into the bank
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
    - [STRIKE]appreciate the fact it's nice and sunny outside[/STRIKE] had a nice stroll in the sun
    - [STRIKE]pay in some money at the PO for someone at home[/STRIKE] done
    - have second look at car with my brother after work
    - give said brother birthday pressie from March
    - [STRIKE]make a start on the next module of my course[/STRIKE] started
    - [STRIKE]pop into NWest to see if my cheque has arrived[/STRIKE] done - nothing yet and very rude lady :mad:
    - [STRIKE]pay £10 into my current account to pay off of CC1[/STRIKE] found £8.00 in my purse so paid off £20 instead :j
    - count small change when I get home to see if I can pay any into the bank
    - [STRIKE]appreciate the fact it's nice and sunny outside[/STRIKE] had a nice stroll in the sun
    - [STRIKE]pay in some money at the PO for someone at home[/STRIKE] done
    - [STRIKE]have second look at car with my brother after work[/STRIKE] done - drove it around the block with him and drives nicely enough. There is a part on the exhaust that will cost me about £50 to sort out so have asked if they can take this off the cost just waiting to hear back
    - [STRIKE]give said brother birthday pressie from March [/STRIKE] also done at last - he was very grateful and will apparently finally give me the £20 for my birthday present in feb :rotfl:
    - [STRIKE]make a start on the next module of my course[/STRIKE] started
    - [STRIKE]pop into NWest to see if my cheque has arrived[/STRIKE] done - nothing yet and very rude lady :mad:
    - [STRIKE]pay £10 into my current account to pay off of CC1[/STRIKE] found £8.00 in my purse so paid off £20 instead
    - [STRIKE]count small change when I get home to see if I can pay any into the bank[/STRIKE] counted and I can almost pay some in - I need 15p in 5ps to make a £5 bag and a few more pennies for £2 in copper :)

Oh I do love it when I managed to get a to-do list fully completed!

I'm glad I took my brother with me yesterday as he got under the car and noticed a bit on the exhaust that would need sorting and the rear bumper is a bit loose but will stay on so that can wait a little to be sorted out, but otherwise its good the mileage is good for it's age I managed to start it without stalling when I pulled away and the gear changes feel good, so provided they will knock off the £50 (or get it sorted beforehand and I then pay the full £450) then I'll be going back to get it end of the month :)

I don't have much in the way of a to-do list today, just pop into town and get some purple shampoo and conditioner with my boots points (so no spending) and then make some headway with my coursework module. I get 4 weeks to do it so going to do a few questions a day and hopefully it'll come back with no adjustments to be made :)

Oh also I should be able to cash out enough from PA in the next few days to make my (small) payment on CC3. I'm hoping I will have enough spare pennies to buy my clinique moisturiser at the end of the month - it goes through so quickly and not cheap but nothing else really works :(
  • So I have been looking at car insurance again today now that I have decided I will be buying this car. I have pretty much decided on getting a telematics insurance as I'm not in the position to pay anually, and they work out at the cheapest overall cost which is handy and I'm not stung with a stupidly high deposit for the insurance so I have a quote that is valid for a month ready to purchase when I buy the car - yay!
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    A fully completed to do list is so nice :cool: I rarely manage it haha! Car sounds good and was defo a good idea to take your brother to have a look at it. Hope they're OK with reducing the price by £50 for you.

I've never used Clinique but my mum used to and she always had lovely looking skin. I recently got a Clearasil scrub which is working quite well for me at the moment... Felt a bit embarrassed in the aisle in the shop though buying spot cream! Felt like I was a teenager :rotfl:
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • Yeah I hope they agree to it, I can still afford it paying £450 then sorting it, but I think it would be the right thing for them to do considering they didn't mention it when I went to look.

Ah I know what you mean I fully feel at the age of 26 I should not be having skin problems :mad:
  • I only really have one MSE related thing to announce and that is that they have agreed to deduct the £50 for the exhaust part on the car which is great, just need to shop around to find somewhere to fix it now.

That will not be done today. Today, I haven't had a coffee until just now and I am suffering with a massive caffeine headache that is killing me. I'd forgotten how bad they are from when I cut down my coffee previously. Didn't have time to drunk one at OH's this morning and didn't have time to buy milk on the way into work. So no staring at spreadsheets, no coursework, just trying to get through my shift, at least until the coffee and pain pills kick in :o

Only 7 days to go until payday, with how I am going to do my insurance now, I will be able to "treat" (save my sanity through not being spotty!!) myself to my Clinique moisturiser, I'll just make sure that I go through a cashback site or at least use a decent boots voucher to get a good chunk of points from it.

I've stuck to my budget quite well this month! I don't have more than a few quid left but I won't be getting the train to OH before payday, and I've got my lunch in for the week at work :) managed 13 NSD's this month!

It did cross my mind earlier too that my £150 allowance a month will go less on travel now, at least £20 a week was train fare but I'll be able to drive up there soon and in my budget I have allowed for £50 petrol so it's only the extra I go over that (£30 tops maybe?) that will actually come out of my allowance :)

Whilst I'm thinking about how I don't need to spend anymore this month, I'll pay the £15 for CC2 :)
  • Hi Oneday, just finished reading your diary. Massive well done on passing your test and getting a car. I have a really bad habit of buying lunch from a shop rather than taking it in so I brought some soup to work today and I'll do the same for the rest of the week and try get a few more NSD's, not sure I'll manage as many as you but I'll try my best :)
    Barclaycard: £2970 Tesco: £655 MBNA £4830 Virgin: £6110
    Total Credit Card debt: £14,565 Car Loan: £12,055 :eek:
  • Thank you!

I used to pop to a rice/noodle van probably 2/3 times a week and spend a fiver - was a bit of a shock realising I was spending around £60 a month just on that let alone the trips to greggs and tesco :rotfl: I keep all my lunch supplies at work so I have no excuse lol x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure