Amazon order replaced with baby wipes

Options
perfect10
perfect10 Posts: 455 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 17 April 2018 at 8:25AM in Consumer rights
I bought an item off Amazon last week which cost over £100
The item was delivered today and the end of the parcel was clearly open, we were not asked for a signature the guy just handed it over and walked off.
On bringing it inside a pack of baby wipes fell out - my item is not there.
I have emailed Amazon and waiting for a response.
I have it all on CCTV and the package looks open in the footage.
Any advice?
Entering a few comps here and there 2020 seems my best year for wins so far:- iphone xs, limited edition whiskey, Masha and the Bear toys, newborn baby stuff, 3 x books, 12 months membership to diet app, bottle of syrup, Baby Shark singing puppet, children’s book, Nasty vegan shake x 2 packs.

Comments

• Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why did you accept a clearly open package? I would have not accepted delivery. CCTV of everything would be unusual.
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wait and see what Amazon says. Their customer service is very good.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't email - call them or use livechat to better be able to explain and get a resolution.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Do you have the open delivery on CCTV or just when you got back inside. It wouldn't mean anything if the cctv doesn't show the whole picture, from delivery to you opening the package.
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I personally would have rejected the package if it was open and immediately called amazon but heinsight doesn't help here.
    contact amazon ASAP and explain everything and then take it from there.
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • perfect10
    perfect10 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why did you accept a clearly open package? I would have not accepted delivery. CCTV of everything would be unusual.

My husband accepted it, he had no idea what I had ordered so just accepted it, it was open on one end so not obvious when he was handed it as couldn't see that end.
    He was pretty baffled though when a packet of baby wipes dropped out!!!:rotfl:
    Yes the CCTV clearly showed the open end of the parcel and when we enlarged the footage you could actually see the pink packet of baby wipes inside.

Anyway had email back today from Amazon, they have reordered my item, this time we will check parcel carefully in front of the CCTV before accepting.
    Entering a few comps here and there 2020 seems my best year for wins so far:- iphone xs, limited edition whiskey, Masha and the Bear toys, newborn baby stuff, 3 x books, 12 months membership to diet app, bottle of syrup, Baby Shark singing puppet, children’s book, Nasty vegan shake x 2 packs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure