Anyone got a Galaxy J5

My DH has one of these. On my phone S5 when you look at your photos you can press 'more' then 'details' it will tell you the location of the pic and the date taken. His camera doesn't do this.
Anyone know how to access this info?
Thank you

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    On android you need to turn on location recording (GPS) for photos. it is not on by default. Your camera app should do this. Or find a better one.
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Carrot007 wrote: »
    On android you need to turn on location recording (GPS) for photos. it is not on by default. Your camera app should do this. Or find a better one.

Sadly it is switched on.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    In Gallery click on a photo. Once the photo is displayed touch the screen again. Top right of screen are three vertical dots. Click on that and it'll show a menu with "Show Date and Location Tags" and make sure that is on.

Once its on and you've taken photos with it on then clicking on the "i" button above the photo (to the left of the three dots) will show the location.
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Tarambor wrote: »
    In Gallery click on a photo. Once the photo is displayed touch the screen again. Top right of screen are three vertical dots. Click on that and it'll show a menu with "Show Date and Location Tags" and make sure that is on.

Once its on and you've taken photos with it on then clicking on the "i" button above the photo (to the left of the three dots) will show the location.

No when you. click the word 'more' comes up. Then 'Set as contact picture' then below that 'Set as wallpaper'.

There are no other options.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well that's how I did it on my wife's Galaxy J5 and it is the same on my S7 Edge. You should have several options when you click the three vertical dots, rotate left, rotate right, slideshow, the ones you mentioned, the one I mentioned and print.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 2:21PM
    On both my J5 and my OH's you display the photo and as above there are three vertical dots in the top right corner, click on them and listed at the top it says 'info' click on that and it gives details including date and location.

Just checked you are in Gallery not Photos mine does the same as yours if you try to display details of a picture in Gallery you need to be in Photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure