PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Prepping for Brexit thread

Comments

• That is certainly one difference - it's clay soil here.

The other one being it's Wales - so there's been a lot less rain than Wales' norm - but we have had rain in last few weeks (including an absolute downpour). So my waterbutts are full.
  • The medication situation is worrying, I have an underactive thyroid and take quite a large dose of levothyroxine, I had no idea if it is manufactured here or imported but I would be really ill without it. My husband is disabled and on lots of med. We can't stockpile as it is all on prescription and doctor's aren't going to suddenly give us extra.

I suppose I should look up where everything comes from but it might just worry me more.
  • debtaghh wrote: »
    What's ppr?

I need to renew some passports, do you think it's worth doing before Brexit even though we aren't planning on going abroad?

I would. I'm going to be renewing mine as soon as there's nine months left on it - because if they can't get their act together, it could end up being delayed/caught in a backlog for months. And places that require a passport as ID (such as for employment checks, picking up parcels, etc) insist upon it being a current one.

Read an article in the Guardian this morning about the items to stock up on. It sounds almost identical to my last shopping delivery.

At least my new secondhand breadmaker works - nice little bit of magic, coming downstairs this morning to find a perfect loaf hidden inside - so I'll be buying more flour and yeast regularly, which should take at least a bit of the sting from empty shelves/panicbuying white sliced that will inevitably happen, even if the entire system doesn't fall to pieces with its just in time credo.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • If Kittie is still reading along, and I wouldn't blame her for walking away altogether for this, I hope you know we will all miss you very much if you
    are kept away for long and that you are in our thoughts for the duration of this, keep your pecker up love xxx.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    I'm sending the team a message. Kittie is invaluable to these threads. She's helped countless people over the years, including myself, and always willing to to share what she knows from her own paid subscriptions to help out others on here.

Whatever rule kittie has broken to deserve PPRing let me make myself very clear, the MSE team need to realise that she is a stalwart of the OS threads and without her, and a few others, the likes of me would be in the gutter.
  • Good for you FUDS, thank you for standing up for a long time friend who herself has helped so many other posters over the years she's been posting on MSE. She's a knowledgeable lady and her input on so many other threads will be sorely missed, this will leave a noticeable gap!
  • WeegieWumman
    WeegieWumman Posts: 325 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I also can't see anything which warrants a PPR of Kittie.

So - fingers crossed it's only temporary.

IN DEFENCE OF KITTIE: Sometimes it can be all too easy to write down things without realising that you're breaking some rule or another or causing offence.

IN DEFENCE OF MSE: Suddenly, a Forum can descend into a series of snipes and insults, causing members to leave.

Everyone has been so supportive and we've all learned so much from each other. So, I'm sending a GREAT BIG THANKS to every single one of you.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Kittie is the person who got me into prepping, years and years ago. I'd never heard of it or dreamed of it - but when I read what she posted it made so much sense. I hope she comes back soon.
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys
    I’m really disappointed that this thread has been spoiled by a few bad apples.
    All I wanted was to help myself and others get organised in case of problems caused by Brexit.
    Now it seems to have descended into sniping and causing bad feelings so I think it’s best if we end it here.
    Good luck preppers
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • Thanks CUDDLES for starting the thread in the first place it is a really good idea to be able to discuss possibilities and likelihoods and find answers and solutions to an unknown future. It's sad that just a few have been able to de-rail the thread by their behaviour and that one of the 'good guys' has actually lost out presumably because of this. It is no fault of yours so don't feel anything but that it was a good idea for a thread, thank you so much, Lyn xxx.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback