IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Hx car park management

Options
andyutd08
andyutd08 Posts: 9 Forumite
Good morning everyone, so i have received a PCN from Hx for parking in Lancaster, and have used these forums to appeal and then appeal to IAS and no shock here i'm sure they have both been rejected. Also using these forums i have started to prepare my response to the coming LBC i am expecting to arrive at some point.
so the PCN was given for not purchasing a ticket within 10 minutes, it should be clocked at 11 minutes and 30 seconds approx. the driver paid for 1 hour and stayed in the car park for a total of 1 hour and 14 secs (arriving to leaving) i have tried to keep this bit brief so to not confuse.
My question is, Am i in the wrong here? for refusing to pay the "fine" of £100 for a total of 90 seconds?

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Of course you aren't wrong not to pay!

Needing a defence is a long way off.

Ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence.

If you get that come here for advice on how to deal with this before responding

The newbies FAQ thread covers Court claims in #2

Had you only come here before doing so you would have realised why an IAS appeal is to your detriment and to the advantage of the PPC who can now point out that an independent adjudication has agreed with them!
  • RobinofLoxley
    Options
    If you've researched using the forum and read the 'Newbies' thread you should know not to use the word "I" as in "I parked", "I did this" etc. Always refer to the driver, "The driver parked" etc.

HX don't utilise POFA so can't transfer the liability for the charge to the Keeper.

PPC's monitor the forum, so I would suitably edit your post so as not to indicate who was driving.
  • haribow
    Options
    Hi which car park in Lancaster was this? As a driver known to me has just received a PCN regarding the same issue (not purchasing a ticket within 10 minutes)
  • andyutd08
    Options
    It was the car park opposite the bus station in lancaster
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2018 at 10:45PM
    Options
    the driver paid for 1 hour and stayed in the car park for a total of 1 hour and 14 secs (arriving to leaving)
    The driver did nothing wrong, but expect to have to defend a court claim unless you can get your MP on side and to add weight to a complaint about this, when the MPs are back from recess. They might cancel if an MP writes to point out the unfairness of penalising a paying driver who didn't overstay.

No appeal will work but a court defence and turning up to a hearing, in the end, will likely win this case. Bloody ridiculous that this is legal, that the likes of HX and scumbag PPCs can drag people to court and cause such stress for no reason whatsoever.

IMHO, anyone who works for any PPC should hang their heads in shame.

If any such 'people' are reading this thread - how about this - get a real job and do something useful for Society, not a scam. Open your eyes to what you are doing and it's NOT ''parking management'' nor is it looking after land or doing anything of any use whatsoever except lining your own pockets and that of your greedy ex-clamper bosses.

That is not a raison d'etre for a job. Go get a real one, even if you are young. This is not a position for good people, not something you can do and hold your head up high.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • luverlyjubbly
    Options
    Indeed, and they keep banging on about ethical parking management on their website - utter b*ll*cks.
    They exist simply to catch people out and rip-off with a £100 con.
    Please read the stickies, your question and situation will have been covered before. Let's keep the board clear for the most experienced members to help genuine new and interesting situations. :j
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Indeed, and they keep banging on about ethical parking management on their website - utter b*ll*cks.
    They exist simply to catch people out and rip-off with a £100 con.

Nail on the head. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • andyutd08
    Options
    its a year later and i am in court on the 20th of august 2019 to defend this PCN
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Have you been using the FAQ to steer you to this point?

(,You are defending the claim, not the "pcn"
  • Woody510
    Woody510 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    This must be on Damside street where we got a ticket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure