Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning diary land.

RL has been really busy and I've had a short hospital stay. All on the mend now though. We've had payday so pots all topped up and money in the right places. We need to put in an insurance claim in for a holiday we weren't able to take, so hoping that gets paid otherwise we will have lost a considerable amount of money. Plus we will want to use the money to book another holiday.

No movement on the planning front, have chased architect but he's done his usual awol thing (eye roll) will try again this week. Due to my injury, I haven't been able to get in and strip the spare room like I hoped but I will do once recovered, that's first on my hit list. Watching a couple of items I need for best prices to get it finished.

We've had a new washing machine machine and the fitters said the pipes need moving so that they don't over stress the pump, will get the carpenter to do that when he does the door for the spare room. Hopefully it won't cost much but will significantly increase the life of the washing machine.

We've had a decent amount of rain in the last 12 hours which is much needed for the garden and more forecast for today, which will save me watering the plants. Hoping to harvest some more raspberries today, been getting a decent amount considering it's year one. Hoping for a bumper crop next year based on this.

Exercise has obvious,y been put on the back burner as I'm not allowed :( but hoping that within 2 weeks I will be back to doing some gentle exercise and I can build back up to where I was about 6 weeks ago.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hey PurpleFairy, glad to hear you are on the mend!

Homegrown raspberries sound delicious- Im so thankful for the rain we have at the moment as our cats were struggling with so much heat!

Look after yourself x
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Take it easy and rest up PF - I'm keeping everything crossed that the holiday insurance comes through for you.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,029 Forumite
    Sorry to hear you've been in the wars. Get well soon.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • PurpleFairy26
    Thank you kittenkirst, CCL and fortune for pooing by and your good wishes. I feel so much better and am planning a run at the weekend :j:j

We've been away at a family wedding which was spendier than I would have liked (not the actual wedding we were frugal there) but just getting there and the logistics of staying in 2 places over 3 days etc... meant we spent more than we would have liked. Oh well, it's not like we don't have the money, would just rather have spent it on something else :rotfl:

Still no news on planning which is getting rather tedious now, but not sure what I can do about it when no one at the council seems to answer their phone and the architect is still awol. Hmmm.

In other news, I've finally (at the fourth time of asking) got our new mortgage fix, which we applied for before the rates went up but they were messing about with it but have agreed to honour the rate I applied for, which just saves me having to complain :rotfl: I need to print it off and get it sent back ASAP.

I also need to print the stuff I need for my insurance claim, I think I'll just send it all to my work e mail and print there when I'm back. I also need to print vet insurance claim (may call them first to see if they will pay out)

Hoping I might be up to some wallpaper removal in the spare room in the next couple of weeks so we can get straight in there before the depths of winter :rotfl: I'm hoping to book some holiday in September so if not before I can get it sorted then over a couple of days.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,029 Forumite
    Thank you kittenkirst, CCL and fortune for pooing by and your good wishes.

:eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • PurpleFairy26
    :eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fortune x

Whoops :o:o:o unfortunate typo :o
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Lol....that is actually the best typo ever & nearly made me spill my coffee!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Lol....that is actually the best typo ever & nearly made me spill my coffee!
    F x

Glad to be of service :rotfl:
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to hear you have been poorly PF. Glad to read you are feeling better, pooing notwithstanding :D

Ah planning, the joys. I have done very little about mine since we got it granted, really must crack on.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family