IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SIP parking fine passed to Gladstones

Options

Comments

• Willow229
    Willow229 Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 1:34PM
    Options
    Hello again,

My case is still rumbling on (from Feb 2017)

I!!!8217;ve had to chase things up, I!!!8217;ve now had a letter from the court -

It states the judge proposes to dispose of the case without a hearing that is based on the papers alone.

Gladstones have replied that they wish for the case to be heard on papers alone

I!!!8217;m not sure how to proceed, is it best to have the case heard in court so I can defend myself and show the ticket I purchased?

Many thanks in advance for any advice
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 where there is expert advice about how you deal with this part of the process, and in particular the issue of your case being heard on the papers (not recommended in most cases).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hel3013
    Hel3013 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I have a similar case but due to sunlight an a gentleman infront if me I entered my VRN on the keyboard I couldn’t see the screen and it printed GGG I appealed to hx carpark who basically said they know I had bought a ticket within two minutes of arrival and left well under the hour I paid but as I had not given the correct VRN on my ticket this breaches terms and conditions of parking on this site.
    Received lbc from Gladstone’s can I win this or do I pay it? I’m really worried. I still have my original ticket
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    Options
    Hel3013 wrote: »
    I have a similar case but due to sunlight an a gentleman infront if me I entered my VRN on the keyboard I couldn’t see the screen and it printed GGG I appealed to hx carpark who basically said they know I had bought a ticket within two minutes of arrival and left well under the hour I paid but as I had not given the correct VRN on my ticket this breaches terms and conditions of parking on this site.
    Received lbc from Gladstone’s can I win this or do I pay it? I’m really worried. I still have my original ticket
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which covers the whole court process. After reading it, please start a new thread of your own, as dealing with two separate cases on a single thread will lead to confusion and may end up costly for both parties.

Do you have written confirmation of that HX acknowledgement?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @Willow229

Is your local court Manchester? If it is papers only would be OK

@Hel3013

Same question but best start your own thread.
  • Hel3013
    Options
    I have a reply from hx refusing my dispute as they only allow 2 digits for error. The letter from Gladstone’s is a lbc so doesn’t state a court yet. I don’t know if to call them or write I think I should write but need a template as I’ve already admitted it was me but made a mistake on machine but paid and had valid ticket. I have since sold the car.
    When I say read #2 what does that mean as I spent hours on here the other day back and forward looking reading and trying to work out as a newbie, sorry I’m usually quite good with the internet and researching etc but I’m confused with forums!!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    please start a NEW THREAD using the red NEW THREAD button near the top left of this forum (no hi jacking other threads)

then go to the top of this forum, and look at the sticky threads up there (stuck to the top of the forum)

click on the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread with 5 posts in it

scroll down top post number 2 (shown as #2 on the top right of each post is the post number preceded by the hash sign)

read it
  • Hel3013
    Options
    I!!!8217;m unable to find the copy of my written appeal but I have Hx response. wording of the appeal states in short we have considered and reviewed in conjunction with the evidence we have gathered. Our records show that pcn was correctly issued. Extended discount period by 14 days.
    As you stated in your appeal you entered the registration GGG as this is not the full or correct registration of your vehicle it is not considered valid payment. The car park uses APNR cameras so no warden would have seen my note and I should have telephoned should you have a problem. (I can go back and check these signs but there wasn!!!8217;t a telephone number to ring customer services on the first letter I received)!!
    Our appeals process is now closed then the usual speil after that. Glade stones letter says letter before claim is this letter before court action?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hel3013, are you bothering to read the responses you are getting to your posts?

Twice now you have been asked to start a new thread if you need help.

It is extremely discourteous to hijack a thread in the way you are.

Please delete your posts from this thread and start a new thread if you are looking for help.

Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It states the judge proposes to dispose of the case without a hearing that is based on the papers alone.
    Willow, is the Judge DJ Iyer at Manchester? As IamEmanresu says, if it is there, then a decision 'on the papers' should be OK as they have sussed PPC scam claims.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure