Travelling On

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I'm impressed with anyone who can find fabulous bargains in TKMaxx - I walk in there and find it all bewildering - and walk back out! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Greent, I was like that for years and years - but it was a *particular* TKMaxx store, I realised, after seeing this one. In the city where I used to live, the TKMaxx was awful, and smelt like a badly run charity shop :( this one, in the mall, is as airy and light and *clean* as you could wish. I admit, I don't shop for clothes there - well, I hardly shop for clothes at all! - but the divisions and labelling is very good, I *think*.

I still went to Primark for knickers, though :D

I'm in hiding from the heat once again, so just faffing about at various indoor things. There's a container plant outside that needs my help in this heat, however, so I'll have to be outside for a little while :)

Hope everyone's having a lovely Sunday :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Relaxing day yesterday, even though I didn't go out, and got a few SB things running in the background. I've already done a bit of cleaning today, as my sister is coming along this afternoon to do holibob planning. I can offload some stuff onto her too :D she takes my tech rubbish to her tip (I can't get to a tip, cos of not having a car), there's another set of photos to store at her house for later distribution now I've scanned them, and an album to see about saving it or dismantling it - stuff is *glued* in, and its generally really awkward. Not doing stuff like that on my own though!

I need to do a NW calculation this week ...
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Tech rubbish to the tip has to be one of the golden opportunities of our age! When I think of the horrifying amount of small electrics that went to landfill back in the day I shudder. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure large parts of them still end up turned into pellets or in a tip somewhere, but I do believe that local authorities are getting better at stripping out anything valuable (i.e. big bits of metal, wiring etc.) I keep a plastic bag on the go in the garage and take out anything appropriate once in a while. Our local also processes knackered batteries and lightbulbs :T

I'll spare you some time and do your NW calculation for you..... bleep-bloop! drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Boing! .......

KC's NW is............. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

MAHOOSIVE :D
  • Karmacat
    Oi! :naughty: :shhh: :D

Perhaps I should have said "spends analysis" - I'm not as ill as I was, so I go out a little bit more, so what difference does it make to join U3A, go on local train journeys like I did on Saturday (£3.70 return fare, by the way!), share petrol and parking costs with my sister? I don't know, I'm just spending it, and it makes me feel a little uneasy that I don't know.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Always good to know where your pounds are going! 'Spends analysis' applauded!:T:T:T

As a minimum, once a week I look at our spends - mostly planned & almost no unplanned...

Seems staying out of debt is as much work as getting there was! Even with the bit of unexpected help we received!

...find it very interesting just how much everyday simple living costs! Very satisfying to know that good habits enable the enjoyable spends on days out!

Hope your analysis ends up with you feeling the same way!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Yes, it is so true that keeping out of debt is so hard.
    Everyday life is hard work & expensive.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27 wrote: »
    Seems staying out of debt is as much work as getting there was!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Yes, it is so true that keeping out of debt is so hard.
    Everyday life is hard work & expensive.

I'm not as far down the road as you both are but I'm hoping the invaluable lessons learned through the hard graft of working towards debt freedom will stand me in good stead for the future. I think staying out of debt in the future whilst enjoying a better quality of life than I'm managing at the moment will involve constant vigilance:eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I'm not as far down the road as you both are but I'm hoping the invaluable lessons learned through the hard graft of working towards debt freedom will stand me in good stead for the future. I think staying out of debt in the future whilst enjoying a better quality of life than I'm managing at the moment will involve constant vigilance:eek:

It is hard, theres no doubt about it.

Wish you could pay off another 6 quid & then be in the 9's :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    It is hard, theres no doubt about it.

Wish you could pay off another 6 quid & then be in the 9's :D

Those extra few pounds irritate me too, I like tidiness. Although if you saw my home sometimes you wouldn't believe that:eek:. I'm on an arrangement to pay creditors at a rate of £1 a month for a few months at the moment (there's a method in my madness I assure you;)) so I'm not going to pay any extra for now. I'll dip just below the magic £10000 mark on May 1st. I'll have a quiet (and cheap;)) little celebration then:dance:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback