Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doglover12
    • By Doglover12 10th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Doglover12
    Resolver & Tesco PPI complaint
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    Resolver & Tesco PPI complaint 10th Jul 18 at 2:03 PM
    I have been successful with PPI complaints for mbna, RBS & capital one simply by writing them & a phone call with RBS
    I now remember I have an old Tesco card so as I could not complain to them online I used the resolver tool completing all boxes with the information requested
    A week or so later I've received a letter & form to fill in from Tesco but the form asks the same questions as I filled in on resolver
    Is this usual? Do I need to complete their form also? I thought by filling out all the information on resolver would mean I didn't have to do this! I can of course fill it in it just annoys me that Tesco are delaying my complaint response
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Jul 18, 2:12 PM
    • 18,990 Posts
    • 20,229 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:12 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:12 PM
    Not all lenders use Resolver, as it's a bit rubbish.

Fill out the form and send it directly. Much quicker and easier all round.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Jul 18, 2:29 PM
    • 22,311 Posts
    • 11,894 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:29 PM
    • 10th Jul 18, 2:29 PM
    I thought by filling out all the information on resolver would mean I didn't have to do this! I can of course fill it in it just annoys me that Tesco are delaying my complaint response
    Originally posted by Doglover12
    Resolver is just a third party E-Mail template, so no firm is obliged to accept complaints using this portal.

If you want to advance your complaint, cease being "annoyed" and simply fill in the form that Tesco have sent you.
    • tls1974
    • By tls1974 11th Jul 18, 7:56 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    tls1974
    • 11th Jul 18, 7:56 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 7:56 PM
    Both Tesco and Natwest did the same to me.

I rang them and pointed out that they already had all of the information and suddenly they didn't need their paper forms filled in....

You will have to keep chasing Tesco though. They're a nightmare - been waiting 7 months for them to send an amended offer.

And yes, I do chase them up regularly!
    Money: that most mysterious and elusive of animals....
    • Doglover12
    • By Doglover12 12th Jul 18, 1:59 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Doglover12
    • 12th Jul 18, 1:59 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 1:59 PM
    Thank you

I did post the form back today but I will definitely chase them up like you said !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,849Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• How awful Mark. This is why those people who take risks on the road, have to realise while they think they're gamb? https://t.co/berU23vQOU

• Follow Martin