Tesco Savings DDs

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    You can still link a bank account to you paypal account

As I understand it, you can't then use that direct debit to pull money into your paypal account - you used to be able to, but no more

What you can do, however, is make a purchase (eg from ebay), pay with paypal, and paypal will use that direct debit to get the payment from your bank account.
  • jevoudrais
    jevoudrais Posts: 42 Forumite
    I have some not used CC I think ill buy a pint of milk each month to create a direct debit
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,271 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm looking at the PayPal DD option but have seen this post saying they stopped offering it:https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/has-paypal-stopped-allowing-direct-debit-top-ups-2781027
    , and some others on here saying it might still work through the app but I couldn't see an option.

How did you set yours up?
    Sorry for the delay, I've been away. It's true the option to add money to your paypal account by DD has been removed, but you can still use the "Instant bank transfer" funding option when paying for goods and services. This is a bank-funded payment (not via debit card) that is (still) collected by direct debit. To have it available as a payment option, you need to add and verify a bank account and have a card on account to serve as a backup payment option.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    I am using PO online saver. Multiple accounts.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I can still add money to my PayPal balance by direct debit. You do it via the app.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Mchambers wrote: »
    I am using PO online saver. Multiple accounts.

Hey,

How many PO Savings accounts have they allowed you so far? I'm guessing you're talking about the Post Office Money Online Saver
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have 6 of the P.O. savings accounts, each with its own DD.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Anyone else have a plan B for when the inevitable occurs with the PO?
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Fraud requires deception. Who is being deceived and how?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,271 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 May 2018 at 9:46PM
    Has anyone here thought about the legality of what we're doing here?

I mean, technically, yes, they are direct debits set up on our own accounts with our own details using our own money, but would the law look at them as genuine?

If anyone here who knows about this can put my mind at rest I'd appreciate it
    There are no terms stating that the purpose of the direct debits must be to pay for goods and services and no legal definition stating that direct debits are not "genuine" if the ultimate beneficiary owns the source bank account.

Banks carefully word their T&Cs, which are unilateral - we don't get to negotiate them. It is therefore not unlawful or IMHO immoral if we exercise whatever freedoms those terms permit. Banks even get the opportunity to vary the terms (again unilaterally) if they want to stop certain things from happening.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure