Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks all! I'm still hiding from the sun, but I'm just about to try to clear enough weeds to plant my little chive pots I've grown on :)

CBC, I sympathise - you're a hero to do a boot sale in this weather, I'm not surprised you got a headache - hope it goes soon.

I've almost caught up on the washing - and I've even hand-washed a lovely silk tunic from Monsoon, which is really **really** old, but very posh. Unfortunately, there's a tiny hole in the shoulder, about the size of a pencil dot ... I can think of ways around it, but we'll see.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hope you feel better soon and had a great time!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    So lovely to have you back Karma :):j:j
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Glad that you had a good time despite the weather.
    Hope you are on the mend soon.
    Take care.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    carbootcrazy~~ That is an awesome amount.
    Great result :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Forumite
    Morning all :) thanks for your good wishes. Not feeling too horrendous, but waking up coughing needs lots of tea, of course, after which things calm down :):):)

I did a little tiny bit in the garden yesterday - took a "before" photo, and experimented with sending a photo from my phone :j then chopped and dug up what I could (especially the sedge plant that was seeding :eek:). Today, I'll check that I've remembered how to send photos by sending him an "after" :D

The only active mse thing I'm doing is SB and YouGov, otherwise I'm doing maintenance: of the house, of the garden, of my papers, and I'm going to start maintenance of my shoes :rotfl: good god, I'm going to use some shoe polish today, I think - firstly for the shoes I'm going to take on the cruise, then we'll see :rotfl: got to start somewhere. It's fairly mse too :)
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Send me a You Gov please :grin:

• Karmacat
    Forumite
    Hi beanie - yeah, that was odd, two Yougov in two days. I regard the bits of mse I do, and the blog, as work, by the way, so I still say I'm self employed, that might make a difference.

I'm still hiding from the sun, but I'm going to go out soon, get my vit D up!
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    No sun here yet :(

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 7 May 2018 at 12:21PM
    I love the sound of your Monsoon tunic, KC:j. I hope you can remedy the problem of the tiny hole. I think if it were me I'd just ignore it, unless you feel it might get worse when wearing it. I absolutely love Monsoon clothes and spent a lot of money on them back in the bad old days when I used my plastic as if there was no tomorrow:o. I'm still wearing some of them though so they were a good investment:)

Did another car boot sale this morning but didn't do very well at all. I think we were competing with lots of more attractive events and venues:(. At least I cleared more clutter and was home reasonably early. It was really hot out there but I didn't come home with a headache this time:j

Ziffit and WeBuyBooks have a bonus extra 10% offer this weekend so I'm going to try to see if they'll accept any of my books this time. Need to do it today but certainly don't feel like it:o

Newsflash: The house martins are back:j. I saw a lot of them on Friday but they seemed to do a lot of swooping over the garden and then disappeared. A lot of them are back in force today trying to renovate some of last year's nests that miraculously survived the winter storms. No idea where they are finding any mud though. Everything is bone dry round here:(.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback