Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blue1966
    • By Blue1966 20th Jul 19, 12:06 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Blue1966
    Rights and access to info with banks I do not bank with
    • 20th Jul 19, 12:06 PM
    Rights and access to info with banks I do not bank with 20th Jul 19 at 12:06 PM
    For legal and criminal purposes, I need telephone recordings of 3 calls I had with 2 banks. As I am not a customer with the banks, the FOS and DSAR route is not applicable. The 2 banks refuse to reply to my letters on the subject issue. Do I have any right and do I have any options for the banks to provide the telephone recordings?

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 20th Jul 19, 12:20 PM
    • 2,475 Posts
    • 1,762 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 20th Jul 19, 12:20 PM
    • 20th Jul 19, 12:20 PM
    If its a criminal matter it may well be that the police can request them.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 20th Jul 19, 12:25 PM
    • 10,845 Posts
    • 13,414 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 20th Jul 19, 12:25 PM
    • 20th Jul 19, 12:25 PM
    Is this a continuation of your thread from earlier in the year?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5950782

If so, I suspect that it would make sense to reopen that one rather than having to explain the entire backstory to anyone looking for context, although personally I don't believe that you're prevented from filing a SAR to obtain any personal data relating to you, even if you're not a customer, i.e. if they hold data identifiably relating to you then they must disclose it to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,753Posts Today

5,495Users online

Martin's Twitter