Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emanddale
    • By Emanddale 20th Jul 19, 11:12 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Emanddale
    Buying my parents house, no deposit
    • 20th Jul 19, 11:12 AM
    Buying my parents house, no deposit 20th Jul 19 at 11:12 AM
    My girlfriend and I are going to buy my parents house as they are relocating to another country. The issue we have is we have no money for a deposit. We were wondering if it is possible to apply for a mortgage, and use a gifted deposit from my parents, which they would have from the sale of the house. For example, we purchase the property for 100k and then they transfer 10k of that for our deposit, so then we would have a mortgage for 90k. Does anyone have any experiences with anything like this? Any info/advice would be appreciated
Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 20th Jul 19, 11:22 AM
    • 1,922 Posts
    • 2,235 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 20th Jul 19, 11:22 AM
    • 20th Jul 19, 11:22 AM
    You want a vendors cash gift deposit, that means your parents are gifting your 10k of the 100k sale price, no money changes hands, your mortgage company are then lending you 90k.

Speak with a good broker as not all mortgage companies allow it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,861Posts Today

5,793Users online

Martin's Twitter