Mortgage PPI

In the early 1990's I had a 95% mortgage from National and Provincial building society and a 5% top up from a company called GAN. I cannot find my paperwork but I am 100% sure that I paid PPI on this. I have contacted Santander (who I believe now own N & P) but they say they have no records of my mortgage and won't help. Is there anything you can suggest please?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If neither you nor they have any evidence of PPI, there's nothing more you need to do.

MPPI wasn't often mis sold in any case, even if you had it, so you can safely put this one behind you.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 July 2019 at 12:44AM
    I cannot find my paperwork but I am 100% sure that I paid PPI on this

Perhaps you are mixing up MIG with MPPI? Early 90s and 95% mortgage means you would have paid MIG.

Building societies only ever sold regular premium MPPI. So, this thing you seem to recall, was it a one off payment added to the mortgage or a monthly payment?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    In the early 1990's I had a 95% mortgage from National and Provincial building society and a 5% top up from a company called GAN. I cannot find my paperwork but I am 100% sure that I paid PPI on this.
    As above, this is more likely to have been Mortgage Indemnity Guarantee (or MIG for short) than PPI. This was insurance which protected the lender, not you, and so cannot be mis-sold. This might be some consolation that you haven't actually missed out on a refund.

Regardless, without any documentation from your own archive any "complaint" is dead before it is started because (almost thirty years on) the Bank no longer have records either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure