Buyer claimed item not received then ......

Options

Comments

• lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Am I being thick here? I thought £3 was the charge for sending something second class. For it to be signed for (or tracked or whatever they call it), isn't it about £4?
    Royal Mail now provide a Reference Number for your small parcel which is the same as a Tracking Number. Proved very useful for me a couple of times!
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lulu650 wrote: »
    Royal Mail now provide a Reference Number for your small parcel which is the same as a Tracking Number. Proved very useful for me a couple of times!

Which would require a horizon label to be generated at the POC.
  • lesleyb
    lesleyb Posts: 158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    £3 is the base fee for a small parcel.
    So if you paid,likely your label/stamps have come off.
    How were you tracking it?

Hi

No the photo that he sent me clearly shows 4 x 1st class stamps and an APL for the difference.
    :)
  • lesleyb
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Am I being thick here? I thought £3 was the charge for sending something second class. For it to be signed for (or tracked or whatever they call it), isn't it about £4?

How did the OP know the item was in the depot unless they sent it signed for and forgot to put that in the initial post.

Completely agree though, if they picked it up and you can see that on the tracking, they should pay up.

I realised when I was claiming from Royal Mail, I entered a number on my receipt and it showed as collected. I didn't know up until then that it was a tracking number.
  • lesleyb
    Options
    cattie wrote: »
    I've had a couple of occasions over the past few months where buyers have told me they had to pay a £3 excess on items I'd sent them as Royal Mail claimed I'd underpaid post. I knew I'd put the correct amount on as I always double check & asked buyers to send me pics of the front of the parcel showing stamps & refunded them the £3 straight away.

On each of these occasions the pics sent to me clearly show I had paid the correct postage, but a couple of the stamps had somehow become damaged whilst in the system, hence the fee. As I always get proof of posting, the staff at the post office can clearly see the correct amount with no damaged stamps on the parcel when I handed it over. Both times I contacted Royal Mail to complain & they refunded me the excess charge with an apology.

What I do now is take a photo of the address & stamps on parcels just in case it happens again.

Yes, I posted at the Post Office and the buyer actually sent me a photo showing my stamps and APL that add up to £3.00, unsure why he would then have had to pay extra.
  • custardy
    Options
    lesleyb wrote: »
    Hi

No the photo that he sent me clearly shows 4 x 1st class stamps and an APL for the difference.
    :)

Where did you buy the stamps from?
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't see what difference that would make. I often use stamps from the TNS postal surveys and top up with APL.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't see what difference that would make. I often use stamps from the TNS postal surveys and top up with APL.

It is a very valid question due to the huge amount of pre used stamps still being sold . Stamps that have gone through the system once and then sold as ungummed are often reused and picked up as double scanned.

Also , stamps covered in any way, There was one person recently on the community boards who had an issue because they had sellotape across the edge of the stamps as they didn't feel secure on the package , which RM specifically say is not allowed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • custardy
    Options
    Seems a common ruse of those knowingly using counterfeit stamps is to pay a few pence on on an APL.
    historically APL packets didn't get checked.
    Now revenue protection are catching them
  • lesleyb
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Where did you buy the stamps from?

I had the stamps from TNS:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories