Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Student_debt_Hype
    • By Student_debt_Hype 10th Jul 19, 7:15 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Student_debt_Hype
    Not sure where to put this - Martin Lewis' image used on dodgey ad
    • 10th Jul 19, 7:15 PM
    Not sure where to put this - Martin Lewis' image used on dodgey ad 10th Jul 19 at 7:15 PM
    Hey all,

Martins image is being used on several ads on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/comments/cbfpsf/out_of_control_interview_opened_up_a_can_of_warms/instanceId=t3_q%3DCgADCXu7xIUJOzwKAAUjrscNxABLnggA BwAAAAEKAAwJe7vGVjsmcgA%3D%26s%3DsR_AheAWgsMeAAYQb jf16SyaKcWNmUTytRClFvRds0o%3D

I wasn't sure where to put this but it probably wants to be looked at. This is one of many ads that are currently showing up at the moment.

Thanks,

J
    Lloyds Mastercard: 0 (0% until December 2018) - I did it yay!
    Virgin money: 2000 (0% until June 2019) - regular 150 payments, still in use.
Page 1
    • DawnCrush
    • By DawnCrush 13th Jul 19, 8:28 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    DawnCrush
    • 13th Jul 19, 8:28 AM
    • 13th Jul 19, 8:28 AM
    There is a post made 2 days ago (so presumably after you started this thread) in the link you provide above that explains how to report it. Others seem to have already followed that advice.

If you really want to trouble Martin directly, the best way to contact him is via twitter. @martinslewis

Although I'm not sure he will get too excited about his picture appearing on an anonymous (it seems Danish registered)scam website that tries to be a counterfeit copy of the Daily Mirror/Mirror Group Newspapers site, but must links seem ti go to some obsure .info website registered in Germany.

Martin sold this site yonks ago, and hasn't really bothered much with this forum since. (save for his publicity agents to advertise his appearances elsewhere)

Perhaps consider reporting the matter to Mirror Group Newspapers which the site you refer to appears to be attempting to rip off.

But thanks for posting. I would probably never have seen this obscure website otherwise
    Last edited by DawnCrush; 13-07-2019 at 8:58 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,236Posts Today

7,100Users online

Martin's Twitter