Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 8th Jul 19, 1:40 PM
    • 13,984Posts
    • 43,400Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    50% off selected Tefal Actifrys
    • 8th Jul 19, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    50% off selected Tefal Actifrys 8th Jul 19 at 1:40 PM
    https://www.homeandcook.co.uk/147/slimmingworld-actifry-2019

Code is on the homepage
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 1
    • Bacman
    • By Bacman 9th Jul 19, 7:21 AM
    • 110 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    Bacman
    • 9th Jul 19, 7:21 AM
    • 9th Jul 19, 7:21 AM
    I had a Tefal Actifry for several years, decent product. It wasn't cheap to buy, took up a lot of space, filled up most of the dishwasher to clean. Chips came out a bit on the dry side but healthy of course.

We scrapped it as frankly found a tastier and far better alternative method:

Put a couple of tablespoons of oil in a bowl, add enough paprika to cover the oil, then a little onion salt (or normal salt). Cut potatoes (Maris Piper) into thin fries, toss all the chips in the oil mix in your hands until well coated and then put the coated potatoes into the oven on a tray lined with baking paper / greaseproof paper. Cook at about 190 celcius for about 15 minutes or until chips are browning but not burnt.

Seriously, they are as healthy as Tefal cooked ones however far far tastier (and quicker) to make. You'll not want to use your Tefal again. Instead of being quite dry they come out moist (but fully cooked) which makes a lot of difference to taste.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,292Posts Today

9,214Users online

Martin's Twitter