Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 4th Jul 19, 3:13 PM
    • 1,089Posts
    • 6,010Thanks
    Brambling
    Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3
    • 4th Jul 19, 3:13 PM
    Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3 4th Jul 19 at 3:13 PM
    Hi All

You're have to bear with me guys as this is my first thread

Thank you Cranky for running the previous 2019 challenges,

As we've decided that we'd like a new thread for each part of our 2019 challenge I've started a new one for the 3rd quarter. I haven't posted the links to previous challenges either - we're all capable of looking them up by title if we want them.

Please feel free to start posting your weight loss goals for the next challenge which will run from the 1st of July until the 30th of September (13 weeks).

You do not have to submit a loss or gain for the first week as it's our starting week, you can post your first loss or gain the week after on a day of your choice.

As usual everyone is welcome - we support and encourage, we don't judge

There are some useful links to help your weight loss journey found on the previous challenge, sorry no time currently to work out how to do them myself

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5984457&page=25 :-
Page 1
    • s_glover
    • By s_glover 4th Jul 19, 3:36 PM
    • 535 Posts
    • 1,798 Thanks
    s_glover
    • 4th Jul 19, 3:36 PM
    • 4th Jul 19, 3:36 PM
    HI Brambling, a big thank you for creating a new thread

I'm going to aim for a loss of 12lb, although I'm aiming to do this by 1st September, when I'm going on my holibobs.
    I'll report in on a Monday, starting from next week.
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 4th Jul 19, 3:37 PM
    • 1,899 Posts
    • 2,207 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 4th Jul 19, 3:37 PM
    • 4th Jul 19, 3:37 PM
    Huge thank you to Cranky for running the other threads

Thanks Brambling for starting the new one x

I'm going to try 10lbs for this quarter still got loads to get rid of overall so I'm here for a while!
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 4th Jul 19, 4:00 PM
    • 1,718 Posts
    • 5,486 Thanks
    Izadora
    • 4th Jul 19, 4:00 PM
    • 4th Jul 19, 4:00 PM
    Thank you Brambling and thanks again Cranky for running the previous ones.

Having failed quite spectacularly on the last challenge I'm going to set a low target of 7lb in the hope that it won't seem too daunting. I figure that losing anything is better than nothing/gaining and will face up to the scales on Monday and take it from there.

Best of luck to all for the next quarter.
    • Rose Wood
    • By Rose Wood 4th Jul 19, 6:14 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 9,503 Thanks
    Rose Wood
    • 4th Jul 19, 6:14 PM
    • 4th Jul 19, 6:14 PM
    Hi,

Thanks to Cranky for the previous thread and Brambling for taking over.

I'd like to rejoin. I dropped out last time after tearing a calf muscle which meant comfort eating and lack of exercise. However, DD's wedding is now only two months away and I would like to lose a stone or more by then. I shall see what I weigh in the morning and start from there.

Thanks

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 4th Jul 19, 7:25 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    SIRENS
    • 4th Jul 19, 7:25 PM
    • 4th Jul 19, 7:25 PM
    Thank you Brambling for keeping us going, this is such a lovely supportive group. And thank to Cranky for getting us through the first half of the year. xx

I would like to aim for 14lbs please

I weigh in on wednesdays, so have already weighed in for this week.

Good luck everyone xx
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 4th Jul 19, 8:02 PM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 6,010 Thanks
    Brambling
    • 4th Jul 19, 8:02 PM
    • 4th Jul 19, 8:02 PM
    Hi all

Is the leg better now RoseWood

I'll pull together the list tomorrow from my laptop as it's more manageable than my tablet.

I'm determined to loose 10lb in one of these challenges if it kills me so I'm aiming for 10lbs again . I've a week holiday walking in Devon at the end of July so hopefully the walking will compensate any cream tea which may lead me astray
    Last edited by Brambling; 04-07-2019 at 8:22 PM.
    • Gingerlily
    • By Gingerlily 4th Jul 19, 8:34 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    Gingerlily
    • 4th Jul 19, 8:34 PM
    • 4th Jul 19, 8:34 PM
    Thankyou for the new thread Brambling.

I’m aiming for 14lbs this challenge and will weigh in on Fridays.
    • CRANKY40
    • By CRANKY40 4th Jul 19, 8:47 PM
    • 3,347 Posts
    • 36,568 Thanks
    CRANKY40
    • 4th Jul 19, 8:47 PM
    • 4th Jul 19, 8:47 PM
    I'll join as well if you'll have me? There is a slight technical hitch in that I'm in London for 2 days next week so I have no idea what I'll be eating or when - not a great start....

I won't set a target if you don't mind. I'd just like to end the challenge weighing less than when I started it.

Thank you so much Brambling for taking over.
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 4th Jul 19, 8:53 PM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 6,010 Thanks
    Brambling
    I'll join as well if you'll have me? There is a slight technical hitch in that I'm in London for 2 days next week so I have no idea what I'll be eating or when - not a great start....

I won't set a target if you don't mind. I'd just like to end the challenge weighing less than when I started it.

Thank you so much Brambling for taking over.
    Originally posted by CRANKY40
    It wouldn't be the same without you Cranky . Just enjoy London and sort the food once you're home
    • zafiro1984
    • By zafiro1984 4th Jul 19, 9:15 PM
    • 1,509 Posts
    • 11,539 Thanks
    zafiro1984
    It wouldn't be the same without you Cranky .
    Originally posted by Brambling
    I agree, and thanks Brambling for taking over.

I'm going to set a ridiculously high target for the 13 weeks 28lbs I've got my date for the next op - Jan20 and I need to lose 4 stone by then - so I'm on a mission

I've noted my starting weight this morning and will weigh in on a Monday - starting next week.
    • katiepants
    • By katiepants 5th Jul 19, 8:09 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 975 Thanks
    katiepants
    Please could I join again? I won't officially start until the 20th July as I'm away on my summer hols next week. But I'd like to lose 14lbs during the challenge...
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 5th Jul 19, 8:50 AM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 6,010 Thanks
    Brambling
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling -/10
    Cranky -
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Gingerlily -/14
    HoneytheWitch -/14
    Izadora -/7
    Katiepants -/14
    MovingForward -/10
    Rosewood -/14
    S_glover -/12
    Sirens -/14
    Zafiro1984 -/28

Weight Loss week 1 ..................
    Last edited by Brambling; 06-07-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 5th Jul 19, 11:57 AM
    • 874 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Sorry to be a pain Brambling, but are we weighing in this week still, or starting next week?
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • Rose Wood
    • By Rose Wood 5th Jul 19, 2:21 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 9,503 Thanks
    Rose Wood
    Hi Everyone,

Well I weighed in at 10st 6lbs this morning. I am aiming to lose at least 14lbs before my daughters wedding in September, though ideally I'd like to lose a couple more!

My leg is almost back to normal. I managed to start walking in flat shoes after a week and didn't miss a session of Pilates as a lot of that is lying down. I've also been swimming for the past couple of weeks. Today I went back to yoga and on Wednesday I cautiously tried a very gentle tennis session. I'm not ready for a more energetic tennis with running around yet so need to give that a couple of weeks I think. It will be four weeks on Sunday that I tore the muscle so I think I've done really well. I've been doing all the exercises and seen a physiotherapist twice so far.

Now I'm nearly back to normal I need to really buckle down and concentrate. I intend to carry on doing my low carb approach with time restricted eating. I usually manage to not eat after six each evening and then don't eat again till lunch time the next day. I think I need to cut down on fat a bit as although its a LCHF (low carb high fat) approach the fat I burn really needs to be my own!!

Im at work shortly so had quite a substantial lunch. I shan't finish till after nine so hopefully won't need to eat a meal when I get back. I've had Yoga this morning and a short walk but am a long way off my step target at present (back up to 16,000 minimum). I shall get some at work and walking there and back so hopefully will manage it by bedtime.

Lunch: Smoked salmon and avocado salad, with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled egg and mayonnaise. Greek yoghurt with stewed plums.
    Treat: Fruit split icecream lolly.

Good luck everyone.

Rose
    Last edited by Rose Wood; 05-07-2019 at 2:24 PM.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 5th Jul 19, 3:30 PM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 6,010 Thanks
    Brambling
    Sorry to be a pain Brambling, but are we weighing in this week still, or starting next week?
    Originally posted by SIRENS
    I'll leave that up to you Sirens I'm happy to update your figures when you want, just don't look too closely at the weekly totals at the bottom of the list

Rosewood I have added 14lb to the list. Glad to hear the leg is on the mend

I sat down lunchtime and wrote a menu plan which will take me to Wednesday dinner, looking back I can see that the weeks I have done this I have had good weight losses. I used my freezer / fridge audit to plan as I'm also trying to eat down what's in the freezer, which is a whole different challenge.

Food wise today :-
    B - fruit and FF greek yoghurt (banana, peach and strawberries)
    L - LO chinese style pork fillet and veg with whole wheat noodles - there was 1tbsp of honey and 1 tsp of oil between two portions
    D - will be mussels with salad and some air fried chips (they will probably be a lot fatter than frites )
    S - Fibre 1 chocolate brownie, apple, babybel cheese portion
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 5th Jul 19, 8:41 PM
    • 3,531 Posts
    • 39,980 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    hello all, can i join in? I'd like to lose 10 pounds (i have 2 holidays so being realistic for me) i weighed in on monday.
    Be like a postage stamp—stick to one thing until you get there.
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 5th Jul 19, 8:49 PM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 6,010 Thanks
    Brambling
    hello all, can i join in? I'd like to lose 10 pounds (i have 2 holidays so being realistic for me) i weighed in on monday.
    Originally posted by DundeeDoll
    Welcome DundeeDoll . I've added you to the list
    • honeythewitch
    • By honeythewitch 6th Jul 19, 8:50 AM
    • 794 Posts
    • 2,488 Thanks
    honeythewitch
    Can I join in please? I would like to lose a stone in this challenge.
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 6th Jul 19, 10:51 AM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 6,010 Thanks
    Brambling
    Can I join in please? I would like to lose a stone in this challenge.
    Originally posted by honeythewitch
    Welcome honeythewitch . I've added you to the list
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,955Posts Today

5,986Users online

Martin's Twitter