Virgin Media hikes prices for broadband, TV and phone customers - MSE News

Most Virgin Media broadband, TV and home phone customers will see an average price increase of 4.9% from this autumn...
Read the full story:
'Virgin Media hikes prices for broadband, TV and phone customers
'

OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• bufferz
    bufferz Posts: 74 Forumite
    And so the dance begins again..
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,829
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    They really are taking the p*ss. I'd understand if there were more speed boosts coming but our broadband's been 200meg for years now while the price climbs higher.

I'm just hoping that the solus broadband stays its current price because if not I'm going to have to give some hard thought to quitting and going elsewhere, despite the potential speed drops.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • I've never known a company to so frequently increase their prices as Virgin Media. I recall when they first announced automatic broadband speed increases, under the much celebrated fanfare of "for no extra fee". Very quickly after they announced significant price increases.

These lot are charlatans and despite a long standing customer since the NTL days, very quickly switched for a fraction of the price.
  • if you change to sky do you need the dish anymore?
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,776
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Inflation is only around 2.5%, what's their excuse?

I was considering moving as I pay _far_ too much and this is just the kick I need. Any recommendations? Slightly rhetorical question as I'll do a bit of research tomorrow but any pointers welcome.
    1005922 Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Leaving Virgin was the best thing I ever did, with the money it was costing me to pay them this now covers, alternative broadband provider, Netflix, Amazon, NowTV and also no TV license needed as not watching live TV or BBC Iplayer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    if you change to sky do you need the dish anymore?

Is that a joke?

In case it's a typo and you mean "if you change FROM sky do you need the dish anymore?" then the answer is 'no'.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Virgin the first to stick their head out and announce.

All the others will be following with price rises.
  • Sky beating virginmedia
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,559
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    Virgin's often quoted sales pitches (with responses to kill that line)...

You won't beat our broadband speed.
    The download speed is difficult to match, but the upload speed is about the slowest among fibre based services.

You will lose your ntlworld (or other service provided/inherited by them) email address.
    Doesn't matter. I've already switched my important emails over to an address I can use with any provider.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure