Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WiseOldSageAndOnion
    • By WiseOldSageAndOnion 17th Jun 19, 9:49 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WiseOldSageAndOnion
    0 WOW
    Changing postcode but not moving
    • 17th Jun 19, 9:49 AM
    0 WOW
    Changing postcode but not moving 17th Jun 19 at 9:49 AM
    Mad as it sounds I'm trying to get from having 3 postcodes down to just the 1 for the property I own - Hopefully someone else has been through this nightmare and can help me dodge the pitfalls as I've had enough!!!

Background - Moved into a new build about 15 years ago and was given (what turned out to be) a temporary postcode which was applied to all the obvious things like mortgage, utilities etc. About a year later got the 'proper' postcode which has been added to things like credit cards etc.
    So, about a year ago we discovered that both postcodes were in fact wrong and we should have been using a third postcode that had always been there (Grrrrr....)

We've checked the post office records and register of electors and the third postcode is what we're at. Just need to get everything else lined up now

HELP!
Page 1
    • 8ofspades
    • By 8ofspades 17th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    8ofspades
    • 17th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    • 17th Jun 19, 10:10 AM
    If the third postcode is the correct one and valid, then you just need to contact everyone else and tell them that the postcode on your address is wrong and update it to the new one. If you have online accounts, you may be able to do some online, if not, you'll have to contact them and they will have to input it manually for you.
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 18th Jun 19, 5:36 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    Marcon
    • 18th Jun 19, 5:36 PM
    • 18th Jun 19, 5:36 PM
    If you're getting postal deliveries OK and visitors can find your property, do you actually need to change it?
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 18th Jun 19, 6:46 PM
    • 8,223 Posts
    • 6,800 Thanks
    daveyjp
    • 18th Jun 19, 6:46 PM
    • 18th Jun 19, 6:46 PM
    The second one may have been correct, but it has been changed again.

Happened to my parents when postcode boundaries were changed to accommodate new areas of housing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,042Posts Today

7,097Users online

Martin's Twitter