Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Oh my goodness MrsMP, how scary to hear about your son. Thank goodness for fast thinking work colleagues and health professionals. You must be so relieved he is on the road to recovery. Hugs.
    Lovely update nmm - not long now!
    I have done 8 colours of 12 around the crochet blanket border. Happily I can watch tv whilst doing it! Looking forward to doing another colour (or two tonight).
    Just finishing off some guylian sea shell chocs (2) as I'm giving up chocolate for lent. A colleague bought me a box last week and the family have 'helped' to tidy them up.
    Pancakes tomorrow then on the wagon!
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Why is it when you don't want chocolates you seem to get loads, I decided not to buy the usual tub of chocs at Christmas but somehow ended up with 3, plus toffees and a Werther's Collection, thankfully mostly all gone.

It's my niece's 18th birthday in June has anyone seen anything special or different I could make, i'll consider anything, thanks lovely people :beer:
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Three days into Lent and I'm still resisting the chocolate - go me! I've completed two more rows of colour around the blanket edge - last two colours still to go. May attempt these tonight. Will post pics of the finished article.
    Once this is done I am going to pick up my cross stitch again - unfortunately the progress isn't as quick but I've only got the background half cross stitches to do now and a little bit of the girls hair. Will set myself a target of end of June to finish it - you heard it here first folks!
    nmm - can't say I've been 'craft' shopping lately so can't really offer any advice. I gave my niece a piece of jewellery for her 18th but I think I remember I stitched her a card (it was 10 years ago!).
    Hope everyone else is going okay and keeping well.
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Hi all, i've almost finished Elvis I think he should be done today :j Coxy, I've been looking on Etsy for some personalised Jewellery so i'll probably go with that and a card. Our local library is doing a "knit & natter" group on Tuesday, i'm going to go along and see what its like as I really need to get out more :rotfl:

Nice and sunny here, enjoy the weekend :)
  • nmm
    Here is the last update and completed Elvis, just needs a wash and iron.

46615105244_654e357611_o.jpg

46615105354_875e0c90af_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Oh nmm that looks amazing - well done you! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with it! I finished the crocheted blanket last night, so another thing crossed off the list. DD has already been using it whilst watching TV! Photos are on my Flickr feed :)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/98885901@N04/
    Am well jealous of the Tuesday knit and natter nmm! Thinking of winding ours down as so few attend now. I definitely think daytime ones are better attended given the demographic. I miss my Weds morning group and often WhatsApp them from my desk at work!
    Cross stitch will see the light this evening - I've missed it!!
    Coxy
  • nmm
    Thank you coxy, I hope she does like it :) Your blanket is excellent, I love it. Have you tried re-advertising your group on local facebook pages that's how I spotted my one or maybe put a few posters about. I have no projects on the go so not sure what to take, i'm sure there will be lots of ideas floating around, i'll let you know how it goes.
  • nmm
    Hi all, just a quick update to say I went to the "knit & natter" group, it was a lovely sunny day so walked there. I arrived 10 minutes early and was the first one there, then the lady running it arrived and 4 other ladies from an old group that closed. They were all lovely, one was crocheting the others knitting, it was great fun, I just need to organise a proper project for next time. I think 5 people in this area is a good turnout, maybe more will attend in future as word spreads, the other group they run a few miles away has 12 regular members.
  • nmm
    My latest Wild Wolf update, I've not stitched this WIP for over 6 months, but time to get it finished.

47358649932_f0a5c292c5_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Glad the knitting group was fun nmm. I expect you will be back there tomorrow? Ours meets next week Thursday but I have to go to DDs school as her lower sixth year group have an open evening about next steps. The school always seems to do these evenings on Thursdays and DH runs scouts so it's always me who has to go!
    I have picked up Collecting Shells again - started back on it on Sunday and did a few hours. I have committed the cardinal sin of marking the chart with what I have done (since Sunday) to help me. The background is about 6 shades of beige and light blue, some of them cross stitch, some half cross stitch, some one strand, others two strands. I think the thought of picking it up and taking 15 or so minutes to find my place is part of why it has been ongoing for so long! I never usually mark a chart - I like to keep them after I've finished a project - not sure why as I've never repeated a design! Did some more last night and am feeling so much more positive of having it finished at some point this year....think I said June?!
    Best get on with some more stitching"
    Have a good evening all
    Coxy xx

ETA - lovely to see Wild Wolf making an appearance xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure