2019 Keep Moving Challenge

No specific target again this year, just set your own.

Whether you will be walking, running, cycling or swimming I hope that you will use this thread to keep us updated on your progress.

It is good to have a target to aim for but don't over stretch yourself so much that you either get disappointed in your own progress or find that you have too much to make up after coming back from a holiday or extra work having cut back your miles.

I say miles simply because I am old and still measure that way but your own personal challenge could be anything from miles, kilometers, laps, steps etc.

Comments

• Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2019 at 1:00PM
    It looks like I may be going in for an operation at some point in 2019 so I need to err on the safe side with the target I am going to set myself, I could miss as much as 2 full months.

After a really good 2018 walking for me and surpassing my target with ease, I am going to set myself 3666 miles to get in 2019 and reserve the right to adjust that depending on when I need to go for the operation.
  • Hi Wizard, I'd like to join you! I've signed up to a challenge to do 1000 miles in 2019. I also signed up in 2018, and whilst I managed this using my total step count (fitbit), my intention for 2019 is to achieve the 1000 miles using only DELIBERATE mileage (such as walking to work / going for a run) and excluding the pottering around the house that a pedometer such as a fitbit picks up.
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well doing the London Marathon in April for Charity, so put me down for 2019 miles.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I will hopefully aim for 2019 miles too, I'm also doing London marathon so probably should think about doing some sort of training for it.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I will aim to walk 5 miles a day in 2019.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • alba7
    alba7 Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I’m going to aim to walk up more hills! I live in a town on the side of a valley, so plenty of hills, but I’ve mainly walked on the flat or gently rising land this year. Next year my walks are going to include at least 3 steep hills a week and I want to do at least 1750 miles.
  • Welcome aboard all :T
  • Hey all,

I am going to join you on this one and go for 2019 miles in 2019 which for me will be a challenge as I am a lazy so and so :p

Dxxx
  • I am hoping to run 500 miles.
  • I'm going to go for a reserved 1000 miles for the year - I've been out injured running for nearly a year now with no signs of improvement, so I'll be happy to get to a non-injured stage for starters and see how I get on mileage wise! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure