Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 3
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 3rd Jul 19, 6:48 AM
    • 5,250 Posts
    • 4,317 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    If I'm on my own I'm a big fan of the app when ordering food in a busy pub, especially airports, as you would lose your table by time you got back from the bar. For drinks I would normally go to the bar as you get the full choice of guest ales
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 5th Jul 19, 7:00 PM
    • 17,764 Posts
    • 38,068 Thanks
    Sleazy
    If I'm on my own I'm a big fan of the app when ordering food in a busy pub, especially airports, as you would lose your table by time you got back from the bar. For drinks I would normally go to the bar as you get the full choice of guest ales
    Originally posted by Doshwaster
    Or leave an item of very little value as an indication that the table is 'taken'.

What I find annoying is when there is nothing to indicate that the table is 'taken' and after settling down somebody comes along and says "Oh ... I've just ordered food for this table ... "
    Weekly Distance Walked 34 km / Total For Year 926 km
    • z1a
    • By z1a 5th Jul 19, 8:38 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    z1a
    Or leave an item of very little value as an indication that the table is 'taken'.

What I find annoying is when there is nothing to indicate that the table is 'taken' and after settling down somebody comes along and says "Oh ... I've just ordered food for this table ... "
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    You should say "Oh, that's very kind of you, thanks."
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Jul 19, 2:38 PM
    • 19,115 Posts
    • 11,876 Thanks
    motorguy
    I use the app any time i can. Much faster, much less hassle and you dont have to fight your way to the bar. Easy when ordering food too.
    Life has never given me lemons.

It has given me anger issues, anxiety, a love for alcohol and a serious dislike for stupid people, but not lemons.
    • OhhEnnEmm
    • By OhhEnnEmm 17th Jul 19, 11:00 AM
    • 56 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    OhhEnnEmm
    Unlimited coffee for 1.50, man I love Wetherspoon's
    • AnonDC
    • By AnonDC 22nd Jul 19, 2:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AnonDC
    Definitely the app, sometimes it can get really busy at the bar and you'll have to wait like 10 to 20mins. I would recommend the app.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,160Posts Today

7,948Users online

Martin's Twitter