Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KatherineCardill
    • By KatherineCardill 23rd Sep 17, 7:53 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 10Thanks
    KatherineCardill
    Suing ViaGoGo, watch this space...!
    • 23rd Sep 17, 7:53 PM
    Suing ViaGoGo, watch this space...! 23rd Sep 17 at 7:53 PM
    Hello all,

I was recently mug enough to buy Michael Macintyre tickets from ViaGoGo - the usual story: I got pressured into buying (countdown clock ticking etc), extortionate fees, yuddah yuddah.

I regretted it immediately, and belatedly started reading all the online reviews... now I'm not even confident my tickets will arrive!

As you all know, alas there's no way to talk to them, no email address, only automated responses from their Customer Services page, they don't allow cancellations ... Again, yuddah yuddah.

Cue some hasty research into my consumer rights, and if I don't get a refund I'll be taking them to the Small Claims Court. It's early days yet but I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, here's an extract from my first written letter to them, with details of the relevant legislation. Feel free to use this wording yourselves.

=========

"I remind you that ViaGoGo is in breach of its legal obligations in this matter:

• You failed to provide obligatory information in a “durable medium” (ie by email or in writing), specifically:
      • You failed to provide confirmation of the contract. See Part 2, Chapter 1, Section 16(1) of The Consumer Contracts Regulation (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
      • You failed to provide your geographical address, or any other effective means of communication, thereby making it impossible for me to contact you quickly or efficiently. See Part 2, Chapter 1, Section 13(1) and Schedule 2(c) of the same regulation.
      • You failed to provide the required information relating to my right to cancel the contract. See Part 2, Chapter 1, Section 13(1) and Schedule 2(l) of the same regulation.
    • You denied your obligation to allow me to cancel the contract, despite the contract falling within the scope of the above regulation (see Part 3, Sections 27 and 28)
    • You failed to provide the means of cancelling the contract, as required under Part 2, Chapter 1, Section 13(1)b of the above regulation.
    Therefore, in compliance with the Model Cancellation Form given in the above regulation, I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following goods:
    Order ID: XXX
    • Ordered on: XXX
    • Name of consumer: XXX
    • Address of consumer: XXX
    Please reimburse me the full cost (£XXX) of this transaction, including taxes, fees and delivery costs."
Page 2
    • Xxc
    • By Xxc 8th Jan 19, 11:30 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Xxc
    I just can't believe Google have Viagogo listed on top of there searches. Yep I'm another mug out of pocket by £200, I fell thru every hole as well, but we'll annoyed that I phoned uk phone after asking if I was callinjg within uk, he said he cannot give that info out. CALL COST ME £20.
    COME ON NOW..VIAGOGO IS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.
    • Xxc
    • By Xxc 8th Jan 19, 11:31 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Xxc
    Thanks your post is brilliant
    • Xxc
    • By Xxc 8th Jan 19, 11:38 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Xxc
    I just can't believe Google have Viagogo listed on top of there searches. Yep I'm another mug out of pocket by £200, I fell thru every hole as well, but we'll annoyed that I phoned uk phone after asking if I was callinjg within uk, he said he cannot give that info out. CALL COST ME £20.
    COME ON NOW..VIAGOGO IS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY. :
    • Karen195663
    • By Karen195663 10th Jun 19, 2:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Karen195663
    Hi Katherine

Is there a time limit on sending them that first letter and did you post it to an address or email it to their customer services?

I was notified, on 4 May, they were giving me resale tickets which is the first I knew what they were about so I have been telling them I do not accept and they are non-compliant with regard to CRA and also terms of court order ruling.

I want to take them to court as well - should we be setting up a pressure group because there are loads of people who have been robbed
    Last edited by Karen195663; 10-06-2019 at 2:31 PM. Reason: Wrong wor used
    • Potbellypig
    • By Potbellypig 27th Jun 19, 12:55 PM
    • 498 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    Potbellypig
    The silence is deafening.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,376Users online

Martin's Twitter