Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 18th Nov 16, 12:05 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,339Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    Struggling with debt? Ask a debt adviser a question
    • 18th Nov 16, 12:05 PM
    Struggling with debt? Ask a debt adviser a question 18th Nov 16 at 12:05 PM
    If you need help with your debts, this is the thread for you.

Trained advisers from StepChange Debt Charity (formerly CCCS) are here and waiting to answer your debt questions. They're a friendly bunch so please don't be shy!

There are three ways to get in touch:

1 - Simply post your question below and the team will reply. If your question is about bankruptcy, then pop over to the Bankruptcy board.

2 - If you would prefer to ask a question in private, feel free to send a message to StepChange Private Messages.

3 - StepChange Debt Remedy is a free and confidential online debt advice tool. You can put a budget together at your pace, and you can also talk it over with an adviser through online chat.

If you're a StepChange Debt Charity client already, please contact its Aftercare team rather than posting in this thread (their contact details are in your Welcome Pack).

If you're self employed and need debt help please get in touch with Business Debtline.

This is discussion thread part four, see parts one, two and three.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 24-07-2018 at 1:41 PM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 66
  • StepChange_Joe
    Hello

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear about your daughter’s situation, I appreciate that things have been difficult for her and in turn this is making things difficult for the people closest to her. It can be hard to know what do in this scenario: but please be assured, StepChange Debt Charity can help.

We can provide your daughter with free, impartial and confidential debt advice. There are two ways she can get started: seh can use our online Debt Remedy self-help tool or she can call us on 0800 138 1111, Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm.

Whichever way she chooses, we'll follow a simple, three-step process to help her deal with her debts:

1. We’ll help her work out her budget, income and debts
    2. We’ll use this information to find a solution to her debt that suits her situation
    3. We’ll set up her debt solution, and offer support however long it's needed

I hope you’ve found this helpful and we look forward to advising her when she’s ready to get in touch. For now, here’s an overview of the ways in which we may be able to help her on our website

Thanks

Joe

I am struggling with how to help my 27 yo daughter. I was in debt following a business collapse and I managed to get myself debt free however I seem unable to get my daughter on the straight and narrow. She is a single parent and has already been bailed out by my mum to the tune of £9k, Today whilst my Mum was babysitting a bailiff turned up for £900. She has paid this but said that she can no longer deal with this which I can completely understand. I intend to try to address this all again with my daughter tomorrow night but I really don't know what to do to make her take action. Any advice please
    Originally posted by Samoens12
    I work as a debt advisor for StepChange Debt Charity and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on StepChange Debt Charity in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy.

Don't be afraid of getting debt advice. We'll help you take one more step towards getting help with your debt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

100Posts Today

1,605Users online

Martin's Twitter