Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 21st Aug 13, 11:19 AM
    • 12,234 Posts
    • 7,966 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I flew from Manchester to Prague with Jet2 last month (July 14th), and initially the flight was shown as a 1-hour delay for a 'technical issue' with the plane, but they couldn't fix it, so we then had another 2:30 delay for another plane to arrive, and further delays while they reassigned seats (bigger plane). Even when we were on the plane, somoeone decided they didn't want to fly, so everybody else had to identify their bags before we could go.. 4 hours in all! Jet2 gave us a £3 voucher, but you can't buy much at the airport for £3.. a burger costs at least £2, and so does a cup of tea! (even a bottle of water is £1.50!!)
    The voucher listed places you could use it, but I only found a few..
    By the time I got to Prague, everything was closed; I had to buy a drink from a machine to get some change for the bus ticket machine, and missed the last bus to the nearest metro. I got a different one, but by the time I got into the city centre, the last metro to where I was staying had gone. I found a night bus, but it was nearly 2a.m. by the time I got to my hotel. £3 just seems inadequate..
    I've used the same route for 3 return trips now, and usually the only problem is the queue for 'baggage drop-off' (check-in)..
    Originally posted by FedUpWithHikes
    assuming your flight arrived more than 3 hours after the scheduled time, start on the FAQs on the Jet2 thread and then read and post on there if you still have an unanswered question
  • Goldy62
    Small Planet delayed flights P7 371 on 26/05/2013 and P7 372 02/06/2013
    Used the Polish address as this is the one that appears when searching online for the UK office of SPA, yeah I know I am probably wasting my time, but will continue for now.
    Thanks
    CAA a waste of time and unfortunately Spanish NEB ineffective. You have done well to get a response from Small Planet, most haven't. May help others if you advise whether you used Lithuanian address or Polish one. Your flight prefix seems to suggest Polish registered planes were used.
    Originally posted by 111KAB
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 21st Aug 13, 1:21 PM
    • 2,964 Posts
    • 2,736 Thanks
    natsplatnat

I am writing regarding delayed flights P7 371 and P7 372:

Outbound flight P7 371 on 26/05/2013 from London Gatwick to Las Palmas, Gran Canariawith the scheduled departure time of 13:50hrs.This flight arrived 12.5 hours late at Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.

Also return flight P7 372 on 02/06/2013 from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria to London Gatwickwith the scheduled departure time of 18:50hrs.This flight arrived 22 hours late at London Gatwick.

Anyone had any luck or any further information regarding the above flights, Small Planet have refused my claim due to "extraordinary circumstances", however, I have been informed by other people that various excuses have been given. I have now sent my claim to the CAA but still have to send to the Spanish authority.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Goldy62
    Hi! I am looking at claiming against Small Planet, for a 19hr delay back in June.
    Can I ask if your flights were part of a package holiday or if you booked them separately? Also, do you know why your flight was delayed?
    Many thanks, Natalie
  • Goldy62
    Hi Natalie, The flights were booked as part of a package, but you can only claim from the airline not the package operator, however, I believe the travel agent or tour operator can handle your claim for you. We were told many excuses for the delays from technical problems with the planes, staff shortages etc. but SPA have said it was due to "Extraordinary Circumsatances" what a load of rubbish, we had delays each end of our holiday, it takes a long time to get a reply from SPA, I emailed them my claim and also sent it recorded delivery, I have now submitted the claim to the CAA but have heard they are not very good either.
    Good Luck!!
    Hi! I am looking at claiming against Small Planet, for a 19hr delay back in June.
    Can I ask if your flights were part of a package holiday or if you booked them separately? Also, do you know why your flight was delayed?
    Many thanks, Natalie
    Originally posted by natsplatnat
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 22nd Aug 13, 12:41 PM
    • 2,964 Posts
    • 2,736 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    Hi Natalie, The flights were booked as part of a package, but you can only claim from the airline not the package operator, however, I believe the travel agent or tour operator can handle your claim for you. We were told many excuses for the delays from technical problems with the planes, staff shortages etc. but SPA have said it was due to "Extraordinary Circumsatances" what a load of rubbish, we had delays each end of our holiday, it takes a long time to get a reply from SPA, I emailed them my claim and also sent it recorded delivery, I have now submitted the claim to the CAA but have heard they are not very good either.
    Good Luck!!
    Originally posted by Goldy62
    Hi Goldy62 - thanks for your reply - I have already submitted a claim via First Choice Travel Shop, via Olympic... but no joy.
    It is kind of interesting in my case as my Invoice shows one flight number (and carrier), the tickets and booking confirmation show another and we ended up flying on a third airline.
    Wishing you good luck too!
  • parsnipfamily
    Well..I followed the European Small Claims Court Procedure, filed in the forms, paid my fee to my local court in Nottingham (they seemed quite baffled) lodged 29 May. Have heard absolutely nothing apart from getting a copy of everything. Meridiana I understand had 30 days to file a response. Nothing heard from court/Meridiana and it is now the end of August. Any suggestions as to what I do now???
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Aug 13, 10:02 PM
    • 4,693 Posts
    • 1,275 Thanks
    JPears
    Well..I followed the European Small Claims Court Procedure, filed in the forms, paid my fee to my local court in Nottingham (they seemed quite baffled) lodged 29 May. Have heard absolutely nothing apart from getting a copy of everything. Meridiana I understand had 30 days to file a response. Nothing heard from court/Meridiana and it is now the end of August. Any suggestions as to what I do now???
    Originally posted by parsnipfamily
    Apply for judgegment by default - ie You win, they loose.
  • parsnipfamily
    Meridiana delay June 2007
    Do yo know how I go about doing this? Do I ring up Nottingham County Court which is where I lodged the claim?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 29th Aug 13, 9:02 PM
    • 4,693 Posts
    • 1,275 Thanks
    JPears
    Do yo know how I go about doing this? Do I ring up Nottingham County Court which is where I lodged the claim?
    Originally posted by parsnipfamily
    I'm sorry, I'm not au fait with the EU small claims procedure. Others are and will be along...
  • parsnipfamily
    Meridiana delay June 2007
    Thank you! Will give it a whirl!
  • anuire
    Am i entited to compensation?
    I travelled to the usa using Tap Airline, on coming back we had a stop over at lisbon. We got to lisbon at 06.30am and was delayed for over 12hrs and did not catch another flight till 2300 at night. we arrived at the lisbon gate from newyork at 0700 am it was locked with no info or staff, we later heard a flight was delayed thereby causing our delay as our plane was suppose to start bording at 0710am. Staff finally showed up at 0830am with no appology and informed us plane is delayed and to come back at 09.30 for further info, at 09.30 we were told to come back at 12noon. At 11.30 we were told flight has been cancelled and to go to the counter and rebook flight. But because am not an european i could not pass thru immigration so i had to remain inside while the immigration officers call the airline. We were unable to get hold of them for 2hrs after which we were asked to go wait at gate 3 and a staff will bring us our boarding pass. We waited another hour and i got really angry with them as i had 2kids with me and they were hungry, tired, and dirty as we had been travelling since the day before. They finally sent a staff who brought me a boarding pass for a plane at 1830 in the evening. To add insult to injury that journey was again delayed and we did not take off untill 2300hrs. I was only given a meal in the afternoon and had to buy food for my kids in the evening plus spend a lot of money on phone calls.
  • dickinscoll
    hello. i am not sure how to fumble my way round these forums so I may be tackling it the wrong way. If so, can someone please put me right. We were taking a package with Saga to Cuba in March and for various reasons we booked our own flights with Air Europa from Gatwick to Madrid to Havana. We were told on arrival at Gatwick that the plane had "gone techie" in Madrid and so there would be a delay and to keep in touch with the information desk/screens and announcements. We sat on the nearest seats to the information desk and constantly went to ask for updates. Eventually there came a point when the flight departure time was going to be over three hours so we were given a food voucher each. At last at 2pm the flight departure was announced, now 4 hours delayed. we mined the queue and eventually got to the front to have our boarding cards/passports checked and we were told that there had been an announcement at 11am that anyone with connections in Madrid had been offloaded and would have to fly the next day. We heard nothing, others heard nothing and we were not told at the information desk either. we had then to go to a desk to rebook for the following day. we had to then pay for a taxi to a hotel, book a hotel for the night, buy food that evening and next morning and pay for the shuttle next day back to Gatwick. We lost a day of the tour and had to pay for a city tour of Havana which had been included.

My husband did not think it was worth claiming anything but I insisted so we contacted Air Europa and eventually got a refund for the shuttle and the hotel (we only had those receipts) They categorically refuse flight delay compensation.

Again my husband thinks it a waste of time to try to claim flight delay compensation. What does anyone think and what is the first step to take please?
  • anuire
    flight compensation which mileage to claim
    I was travelling from USA to london when my flight was delayed. But it was a transit flight. It was suppose to be newyork to lisbon then lisbon to london. I was delayed at lisbon, first the flight was cancelled at 11.30am after 2hrs of waiting, then i was rerouted and did not leave lisbon until 10.30pm on the rerouted flight to London. Do i claim the mileage for lisbon to london or for the entire flight new york to london since that was the contract i had with the airline. Pls help and thank you for taking the time to help.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 11th Sep 13, 2:54 PM
    • 19,040 Posts
    • 8,042 Thanks
    richardw
    USA to London.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • anuire
    thank u richardw, and am i right in claiming for the total duration of the delay which is over 12 hrs,since we have been in lisbon since 07.30am.
  • margretta
    Flight delay compensation Fnnair
    Hello,

I am looking for some advice on flight delay compensation as this is completely new to me.

I recently got back from a holiday whereby my outbound flight (was delayed by over 8 hrs. Finnair say that the delay was due to Slat panel dent and under EC regulation is interpreted as a extraordinary circumstance that could not be avoided and thus I was not due any standard compensation. Would you say that this was correct?

I would be grateful if someone could comment on their experience and knowledge in this area.

Many thanks in advance.

Margretta
    • richardw
    • By richardw 12th Sep 13, 11:38 AM
    • 19,040 Posts
    • 8,042 Thanks
    richardw
    anuire, your trip was from NYC to LON, ignore Lisbon.
  • moochy
    flight compensation would you accept this
    Hi everyone! On 23 July, we had a flight delay from Lanzarote to Belfast. Although we booked through Thomas Cook the airline was Smart Wings which is a Czech Republic airline. We were delayed for seven hours and told the delay was caused by the disk for the flight plan was not working. I applied for compensation in July and finally got a reply on Friday. Should I accept this or try the CAA? They got the date of the flight wrong by the way in their answer but the flight code is correct!

thank you for contacting the Customer Care Department. Based on your letter, we commenced a formal investigation of all circumstances that led to the major delay of your flight QS2102 from Lanzarote to Belfast on July 27, 2013.

First of all, on behalf of Travel Service airlines, I would like to express our deepest apologies for all the inconvenience that occured. We assure you that being one of the biggest charter airlines in Europe, the passenger´s safety and comfort together with our on time performance are our highest priorities. However, same way as with any other airline, our operations may be affected by various factors that can cause irregularities, but are non-avoidable by the airlines at the same time.

The flight QS2102 on July 27 was delayed due to unexpectable technical failure of the aircraft that could not have been avoided nor predicted by the carrier even if all performable measures had been taken. Therefore, we are convinced that there is no right for financial compensation. Please note that this standpoint also reflects the meeting of National Enforcement Bodies held on 12 April 2013.

However, as we feel our undoubtable moral responsibility for passengers´ satisfa_ction with our services and we understand your disappointment caused by the situation, we would like to offer you a financial compensation of 150 EUR per person. In order to receive the compensation, you are kindly requested to send us the names of all passengers concerned and also the following details about the bank account where the compensation should be sent:

Thanks for any help!
    • loveka
    • By loveka 1st Oct 13, 10:32 AM
    • 441 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    loveka
    Flight delay in aftermath of Greek general strike
    In 2011 our Aegean flight to Crete was delayed by 24 hours. They gave the excuse that this was because of knock on effects from the general strike the previous day. Our flight was at 10pm on the Thursday, the general strike had ended 24 hours before this. We think that Aegean 'sacrificed' our flight to get their other flights back on track.

Has anyone had any luck in a claim from any airline during or just after the general strike in October 2011? Aegean have refused us compensation on the grounds that it was due to the strike. Just wondering whether it is worth spending the time taking it further. Thanks.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 1st Oct 13, 12:39 PM
    • 19,040 Posts
    • 8,042 Thanks
    richardw
    Start the legal process.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,407Posts Today

7,168Users online

Martin's Twitter