Freebies board chat thread

Comments

• i sent of 3 letters to santa, never recieved one back let alone 3, did anyone get a letter from santa.:o
  • Two of my children also sent letters before the deadline and didnt receive replies either. It was to the royal mail address too.
    Sometimes i like to imagine that im living on the breadline as a single mum with 3 children to feed and clothe, bills to pay and very little time to myself........ then i wake up and realise im a princess with prince charming by my side and a lovely white castle........ oh wait :eek:
  • we donted a fiver to the nspcc for a santa letter for gd and she got it 2 weeks before xmas,and it was pretty good as well....free aint always best
  • I am new to this whole thing how does this work? Am i allowed to put my email adress in a post? or is that not allowed.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I am new to this whole thing how does this work? Am i allowed to put my email adress in a post? or is that not allowed.

Hi

No your not supposed to put personal details in posts or promote anything that you are connected to.

Any probs just pop me a pm or post on here and someone will help you.

Sarah x
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ratboy
    Ratboy Posts: 433 Forumite
    Owing to me getting older, I'm obviously getting bitterer.

Does anyone recall L&B selling cigarettes in tins, instead of boxes..

Many moons ago, I collected these tins, a 20 tin, robust, and a 10x10 tin, less robust x 2..

These were meant to be throwaway at the time, as packaging.

However, we held onto them as packaging for rollies, and I sent one of the 10x10 less robust tins to a friend in Scotland, to store his rollies in.

Unfortunately, the more robust 20 tin, the lid snapped off. It was soldered back on a few times, but doesn't work.

So I wrote to L&B, have you a replacement tin? And by some chance they did, they sent me a replacement 10+10 tin, as the origional isn't due to be manufactured in the near future; and to my surprise, contained 20 free ciggies! And it's also labelled 'Limited edition', so free ciggies for alll (I think they might get wind of a scam, might be a one off???),

Free Food; I bought a Fish Pie from a well known supplier, from a well known retailer, but taking it out the freezer, something wasn't right; Weighed it, and it was 600g, 300 over what it should have been! So adjusted the cooking time; unfortunately the dish contained no fish, and only mash potato. Complained - Got £10 cheque.

If you have the slightest fault in customer service, or produce, complain, and complain HARD.
  • What are the best uk freebie sites? Have tried a few but never seem to get the samples?
  • wiorika
    wiorika Posts: 380 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I use mysavings.com
    free-stuff .co. uk
    magicfreebies
  • cant see it on their website..
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback