Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bubblebobble23
    • By bubblebobble23 1st Sep 17, 3:25 AM
    • 628Posts
    • 41,491Thanks
    bubblebobble23
    Virgin Red Rock Your World
    • 1st Sep 17, 3:25 AM
    Virgin Red Rock Your World 1st Sep 17 at 3:25 AM
    SO PLEASED WE ARE ALL HERE! WELCOME NEW AND OLD TO THE VIRGIN RED APP THREAD!

Big thanks to all who post answers and tips!

Please Do Not post referral codes here.

thanks!
    Last edited by bubblebobble23; 01-12-2017 at 5:59 PM.
Page 67
    • hippy73
    • By hippy73 19th Jul 19, 7:24 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    hippy73
    No 25 points for Flash Friday competition today
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 19th Jul 19, 7:51 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    No 25 points for Flash Friday competition today
    Originally posted by hippy73
    I just got them. Send a message to VR
    • Shogun5
    • By Shogun5 20th Jul 19, 9:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shogun5
    Valid train journey
    What is a valid train journey? Having read your post recently about having booked a child ticket between Manchester and Stockport for 1.15, I recently booked a similar virgin train journey but when I tried to get verified on the virgin Red app it just says that it does not recognise the email address although I used the same email address to book the train journey as I use for the virgin red app.
    • nvh
    • By nvh 20th Jul 19, 10:22 PM
    • 1,570 Posts
    • 1,925 Thanks
    nvh
    What is a valid train journey? Having read your post recently about having booked a child ticket between Manchester and Stockport for 1.15, I recently booked a similar virgin train journey but when I tried to get verified on the virgin Red app it just says that it does not recognise the email address although I used the same email address to book the train journey as I use for the virgin red app.
    Originally posted by Shogun5
    and you booked this train ticket on the Virgin trains website too?
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 21st Jul 19, 10:32 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    A valid train journey is one where the ticket is for a Virgin West Coast service, as they also sell tickets for journeys operated by other rail companies. It tells you when you look at the online timetable who the service is with. With regards to validating with Virgin Red I'd send them a message to query why your email address isn't recognised. I've read it can take up to a week for verifications to go through.

Update: Just looked at Virgin Trains website and put in Manchester to Stockport journey. Those journeys that are on its service have the Virgin Trains logo next to the price.
    Last edited by Gizasmum; 21-07-2019 at 10:48 AM. Reason: To add more info
    • silverfairy
    • By silverfairy 21st Jul 19, 11:11 AM
    • 1,432 Posts
    • 4,052 Thanks
    silverfairy
    did you create an actual Virgin Trains account? Trains can be booked as a 'guest' so maybe the email used won't be linked back to Virgin.
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 21st Jul 19, 11:41 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    @silverfairy Good point
    • markinldn
    • By markinldn 22nd Jul 19, 5:41 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    markinldn
    Quiz 22nd July
    1. Spice Girls
    2. Bastille
    3. Lewis Capaldi
    • Shogun5
    • By Shogun5 25th Jul 19, 12:25 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shogun5
    Valid virgin train journey
    Yes I had an account with virgin trains, thanks for your comment.
    • euronorris
    • By euronorris 25th Jul 19, 5:32 AM
    • 10,248 Posts
    • 47,921 Thanks
    euronorris
    1. Eight
    2. 99.5%
    3. Transdermal
    May Grocery challenge: 192.98/300
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 25th Jul 19, 7:47 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    Yes I had an account with virgin trains, thanks for your comment.
    When trying to verify you need to put in the email and password for your Virgin Trains account. You said it was the same ema you used for Virgin Red. Have you perhaps put in your Virgin Red password by mistake? And was your ticket definitely for a Virgin Trains service?
    • ebateb
    • By ebateb 25th Jul 19, 4:36 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    ebateb
    Verification for trains booked through Virgin
    When trying to verify you need to put in the email and password for your Virgin Trains account. You said it was the same ema you used for Virgin Red. Have you perhaps put in your Virgin Red password by mistake? And was your ticket definitely for a Virgin Trains service?
    Originally posted by Gizasmum
    I opened a Virgin West Coast account and have never travelled with VWC but have booked other tickets with other train companies through this account. It verified me with no problems.
    • tanyavt
    • By tanyavt 29th Jul 19, 5:24 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    tanyavt
    Quiz
    1. Dance
    2. Ziggy Marley
    3. Over 80
    • Gizasmum
    • By Gizasmum 29th Jul 19, 8:56 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    Gizasmum
    I opened a Virgin West Coast account and have never travelled with VWC but have booked other tickets with other train companies through this account. It verified me with no problems.
    Originally posted by ebateb
    Yes me too, but I read a while back on Facebook that VR were tightening up on this and were only going to verify of purchase was for a Virgin Train service.
    • silverfairy
    • By silverfairy 31st Jul 19, 12:01 PM
    • 1,432 Posts
    • 4,052 Thanks
    silverfairy
    Code for today only
    LITTLEBOOST for 100 points
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 1st Aug 19, 8:39 AM
    • 39,279 Posts
    • 163,170 Thanks
    silvercar
    Quiz August 1st
    1. Man City v Liverpool
    2. 4th August
    3. Wembley
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 5th Aug 19, 6:36 AM
    • 2,722 Posts
    • 105,707 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    Quiz August 5th
    1. Eastnor Deer Park
    2. Happy Mondays
    3. BMX
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    • silverdarling
    • By silverdarling 8th Aug 19, 6:25 AM
    • 940 Posts
    • 14,125 Thanks
    silverdarling
    Quiz August 8th
    1. Europe
    2. Over 130
    3. Completely Free
    • oliveoyl
    • By oliveoyl 12th Aug 19, 5:48 AM
    • 2,722 Posts
    • 105,707 Thanks
    oliveoyl
    Quiz August 12th
    1. A Star is Born
    2. 28th August
    3. Pretty Woman
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
    • an1179
    • By an1179 13th Aug 19, 6:07 AM
    • 1,749 Posts
    • 17,129 Thanks
    an1179
    Quiz August 12th
    1. A Star is Born
    2. 28th August
    3. Pretty Woman
    Originally posted by oliveoyl
    No quiz on my app this morning
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,979Posts Today

5,666Users online

Martin's Twitter